wife - yato.

——————————————————————

in which, no one knew about her until she showed up

angst, request!

warnings : minor spoilers, suicide?
——————————————————————

YATO SIGHED, LOOKING AT THE small shrine hiyori had made him. his eyes softened at it while he thought about the old shrine he used to live in; not the one he used to live outside of no. but y/n's.

he sighed again. he truly did miss-

"missed me?" he heard, peaking his interest. he turned around; only to see the girl he was just reminiscing about.

she bent over, her legs straight with a smile on her pretty pink lips. she wore her normal white skirt with a light pink sweater that was tucked in.

he always found it funny how she wore bright colors versus her personality which was dark &, almost, evil.

she was the goddess of darkness that is.

"ah," yato hummed, surprised to see her. he scooted over slightly on the porch to let her sit beside him. "been a while."

"hasn't it?" she sighed, sitting down beside her beloved husband. she looked out onto the sunset- they had so much to talk about. "how's n-"

"not my regalia anymore." yato quickly stated, shutting down her idea. "i have yukine; him." he hummed, smiling softly before nodding at the blonde haired & orange eyed male.

"he's adorable." y/n hummed, looking at the male who smiled along with a pretty girl. "and the girl?"

"hiyori iki. her soul slips from her body & i've promised to fix it." yato sighed, while y/n chuckled.

"you don't know how to fix it, huh?" she hummed, while yato shook his head.

"not a clue..." he mumbled. he blinked and looked over at y/n. she was ethereal almost. "and you? any new regalia's?"

y/n sighed. he knew about her curse, but even though the outcome never changed- she still tried again with different things to try and get rid of it.

nothing ever worked.

"thinking about just getting rid of the curse before getting a new one." she hummed, watching the orange eyed male and purple eyed girl come up.

"yato!" the girl hummed, before coming to a stop in front of the two. "oh! hi!" she shyly stated towards the new female she'd never seen before.

"hello," y/n hummed, standing up to greet the two. "y/n, goddess of darkness." she winked, shaking hiyori's hand.

hiyori's breath hitched, such a kind looking girl which such an evil aura. what was up with her?

"stop scaring her." yato chuckled, standing up as well before y/n also chuckled softly taking her hand back.

"joking with you!" she laughed, yukine scrunching his face up in confusion.

he could tell she definitely wasn't lying about her goddess status, but what he didn't understand was who exactly was she?

"my wife." yato stated, looking over at yukine while y/n and hiyori talked and giggled. they seemed to become friends quickly.

yukine nodded at his god's statement. thinking nothing of it before it registered in his head again.

"wife?!" he yelled, looking over at yato. "bro you have a wife?! you didn't tell us?"