Chapter 10: The Cave

We found it. A ten foot wide Cave opening was in the middle of the bottom of the island base. At least that guy hadn't been lying. Yet, one little problem make itself. There was no one instead. Maybe they were gone at the moment. Brian and I entered. The cave wasn't that long or wide. It was like a small little house, but rock. There was a ledge. I was curious, taking a step forward. I pressed my palm against the cold rock. Cave paintings in the open. Someone had lived here still BC. Perhaps there was a type of cover over the tiny cave, but was removed when they left. It was fascinating. I could observe it for hours. I felt a hand pressed firmly to my shoulder.

"Alice, they're not here." He spoke. I shrugged off his hand.

"Don't touch me." I barked, coming to my senses. Daydreaming was an awful habit of mine. Brian was right. The guy lied. I heard Brian sigh. Or maybe this was-- I heard a gun click. I turned, watching as a girl pressed a pistol to the back of Brian's head. A trap.

"Maybe you didn't get the memo, but you can't kill people." I folded my arms. This Kiwi girl fit the description.
She tapped the gun to her head like she forgot something.

"Oh yeah." She smiled with her cold eyes, watching me closely. The gun was re-aimed to Brian's shoulder and before I could speak, she pulled trigger. Brian fell to his knees, evening his breathe, trying to fight the pain. The pain wasn't nearly as bad as real life. Tori flew off Brian's other shoulder, making the oddest screeching sound I'd ever heard. By then, I knew she wasn't a normal bird. I was about to lunge at Kiwi before Tori was screeching in what sounded like pain. I adverted my attention to her. Kiwi moved the gun from my chest to the bird. Brian just watched.

"What the hell?!" She screamed. The Robin's skin began peeling. It's jaw fell off. It was absolutely disgusting. It expanded. Tori became a Hawk, just like that. A Robin just evolved into a Hawk. Jesus, I felt like I just watched the Grimm Brother's version of Pokemon: Black and White. I didn't even need to question it. Before Kiwi could pull the trigger, I dug my blade into her foot, kneeling down. She screamed, aiming the gun towards me once more. Brian tried, but couldn't move his injured arm. The Hawk flew to Kiwi, scratching at her face. The blonde let out an ear piercing scream, dropping the gun. She brought her hands to her face. I called off Tori. The girl had a bleeding foot, scratched up like hell face. Did I think she deserved more? No, not if she cooperated. I'm just kidding. She just shot Brian and almost killed my bird. That bitch will regret it. I shot her in the knee cap. She was screaming.

"Funny thing. Shooting someone in the kneecap is excruciating pain and takes three days to bleed out. The game modifiers should get us out by then. If not, your not at your best of luck." I knelt down, patting her shoulder. I interrogated her where Oliver was and she cooperated easily, considering her condition. He was in another cave further down. I helped Brian to his feet. We needed to go back. Brian was in a horrible condition. He refused, but I strongly insisted. As we exited the cave, Kiwi grabbed onto my ankle.

"Please.. Help me." She sobbed.

"I don't think you got the memo, we can't kill people." I smiled bitchily, pulling Brian's good arm over my shoulder. He was bleeding out. It was impossible to bring him back in time. He wouldn't last half-an-hour. Dammit. We began towards the forest.

"We.. Can't make it." Brian spoke painfully.

"We can. Shut up, Brian." I replied, struggling with taking on more of his weight. He couldn't walk. He was passing out.

"Alice--" He whispered.

I ignored him and he fell from me, to the ground. I knelt down, pressing his back against the stone wall. He was unconscious. My hands were stained with blood from trying to stop the bleeding. I was mentally panicking. I unwrapped the bandage from my leg. I pressed a hand to his face.

"Wake up, Brian." I urged in a cold tone. That idiot. I tilted his head back against the stone. I pressed my ear to his chest. His heart was beating still. Thank god. With struggle, I managed to remove his shirt. I wrapped the bandage around his shoulder. Luckily, the bully went clean through. Pulling it out would've hurt like a bitch, honestly. I'd know.

"Hey." I spoke, finished with the bandage. He'd lost a lot of blood. He'd know exactly how much the human body has and how much he'd lost, and tell me what to do and how to survive and-- dammit. I closed my eyes tightly. I had no idea, no idea what to do. If he would just open his eyes, I'd know. I couldn't move him. If only Leah and Mya were here. Tori hopped onto his good shoulder. She was a lot bigger now. I didn't even want to know how she became a Hawk. I had an idea, and it envolved me watching too many HarryPotter movies.