Broken and Healed

-Riley

"They're coming back, so we don't have much time to talk." Deaton said as he poured something on a washcloth. "What's that?" Scott asked. "Rubbing alcohol. You don't want it to get infected do you?" He asked. Scott shook his head. "It'll heal the same, just not as quickly because of Derek." Deaton said. "I'll deal with him." I mumbled. "Okay, how do you know all of this?" Sam asked. "That's a longer story, but what I can tell you, is that I know about your kind." He said. Just then I felt my phone vibrate.

'Riley.'  It was from Derek.

I ignored it.

"Your kind, I can help." Deaton said. "This," He said as he looked at the mangled body on the operating table. "This is something else." He said. "DO you know what did it?" Scott asked. "No, but the Argents will." He said. "And here's the crucial part; they'll have some kind of record, a book. It'll have descriptions, notations, everything about anything they've caught." He finished. "All of the things? How many things are there?" Scott asked. We heard a car pull up. Oh goodie.

Scott and Sam hid while I stayed with Deaton.

"I'm starting to think I need to buy a more prominent closed sign. Don't you think so Riley?" Deaton asked. "Sure thing Dr. D." I said. A man walked through the door. The same man that gave me the shivers everytime I saw him; Gerard Argent.

"Hello Alan." He said as he walked in. "Riley." He said as he looked at me. "I didn't expect you to be here." He said. "I work here." I said quietly. "Riley, it's getting late. You should head home." Deaton said as he looked at me. "Yes sir." I said as I grabbed my bag and left.

Or should I say climbed onto the roof and into a closet with my brothers.

"If you haven't noticed, this body is one of ours." I heard Mr. Argent say. "I did. I also noticed the gunpowder residue on his fingertips." Deaton said. "He was only 24." Mr. Argent said. "Killers come in all ages." Deaton said back. "All ages, sizes, shapes." Gerard said. "It's the last one that concerns us." He finished. "How about you tell us what you found?" Mr. Argent demanded. "See this cut?" Dr. Deaton said as he showed them a cut on the back of the victim's neck. "It's precise, almost surgical, but it isn't the wound that killed him." He continued. "This had a more . . . interesting purpose." He added. "Related to the spine?" Gerard asked. "That's right. Whatever made this cut was laced with a paralytic toxin. Powerful enough to shut down all motor functions of the body." Deaton said. "These are the cause of death." Deaton said as he pointed to the several claw markings on the victim's torso. "See the pattern of the scratches?" He asked. "Five for each finger." Mr. Argent said. "Each claw." Gerard corrected. I couldn't hear what Deaton was saying until I saw him demonstrating something. Almost like how the man was killed. "You've never seen anything like this before?" Mr. Argent asked. "No." Deaton said. "Any idea at all of what could've killed him?" Mr. Argent asked. "No, but I can tell you it's fast, strong, and can take down it's victims very easily. Helpless within seconds." Deaton said. "In fact, killing may be it's only purpose." He finished.

We got out of there before the Argents did. I left the twins to go pay a visit to a certain alpha again.

I got to the old subway that Derek and his pack had been hiding. "Derek." I said as I walked into the abandoned building. "About time I heard something from you." Derek said as he emerged from the shadows along with Eli and Jay. I fought back tears as I saw my best friend being controlled by Derek. Derek walked towards me and I slapped him as hard as I could. "What the fuck Riley?!?!" Derek yelled. "What the hell were you thinking Derek Hale? Or were you even thinking? My best friend?? Really? Changing my fucking best friend into one of your guard mutts?!?!?!?" I yelled at him. Derek may be an Alpha, but I'm sure I was making him cower. "Riley, calm down." Derek said, but I wasn't having it. "Derek, you are the dumbest person alive right now if you think I'm going to calm down. You cursed my best friend and my classmates!" I yelled at him. He stood towering above me, but I didn't care. He grabbed my arms and pushed me against the wall. "Will you stop?!" He yelled back. "No!" I shrieked. He let me go and clutched his ears and fell to the ground. "Don't call me, Derek Hale." I cried. I ran out of the subway to be followed by Eli. "Riley, Stop!" Eli yelled. I stopped dead in my tracks. I turned to face him and I'm sure it broke him. "Why Eli?" I asked. "Because I've seen you at the worst of times. I've seen you practically dead Riley. I can't lose you. Not again. When you moved, I was broken. I saved my money so I could get a car and move here. And plus, some other stuff happened." He said. "What happened?" I asked him. "Riley, I'm being framed for the murder of my family." He said. "What?!?!?" I yelled.  "One night, I got up because something just didn't feel right. Everything was okay, so I went back to sleep. When I woke up the next morning, there was a gun beside my bed. I ran to my parent's room, both dead. My little brother and sister's room, both gone. I don't know where they are, so I panicked and left. That's when I came here. Your uncle told me you moved here." He said as the tears started falling down his face. "Eli, you have to go tell someone about this." I told him. "Riley, if I tell anyone, I'm going to be a main suspect. The gun had my fingerprints on it." He said. "That's it. You're moving in with me. I refuse for you to stay with Derek. You're in more danger with him anyways." I told him. He started to argue when I gave him a look. He surrendered.