The Lone Wolf

-Riley

We were racing through the woods, something we three did to stay in shape. We went our separate ways; Scott to Allison's, Sam to Anna's, me to Cole's.

I walked up to the door. I didn't have to open it because Cole opened it for me. "Took you long enough." He said as he grabbed me by my shirt and pulled me into him. Feeling his lips on mine sent shivers through my body.

Long story short, I'm dating a Telekinetic teenager.

After hanging out (more like making out) with Cole, I decided to go visit Lydia in the hospital.

When I got there, the sight before me was rather hilarious. It was Stiles, passed out on the seats of the waiting room. "Stiles!" I yelled. He was still sound asleep. I went into Lydia's room. "Riley." I heard her say. "Lydia." I said as I gave her the flowers I picked up for her. "Thank you Riley." She said. I smiled at her. She started getting up. "Do you need help in the shower?" Her dad asked. "Yeah, maybe if I was 4 and still taking bubble baths." Lydia said.

Lydia's father and I exited the room when we bumped into my mom. "Hey mom." I said as I hugged her. "Hey Rye." She said as she squeezed me tighter. "Has he been here all night?" Lydia's dad asked my mom. "He's been here all weekend." She answered. I walked over to Stiles and shook him. He woke up pretty easily. "Is she okay?" He asked me. "She's fine. She's in the shower right now." I said. I heard the squeaking of the shower as it turned on. "She just turned on the water Stiles." I said.

When I turned around, Cole was coming out of the elevator. "Hey." I said as I walked towards him. "Hey there." He said as he kissed me. "I hope you know, you're wearing my shirt." He whispered in my ear. We laughed. "I've been meaning to talk to you about something." I began. I heard his heartbeat increase. "What is it?" He asked. I put my hand on his chest. "It's not what you think. I got an offer." I said. "Congrats. An offer for what?" He asked. Before I could answer, I heard a crashing noise. I turned to see Stiles with a vending machine in front of him. I glared at him and he shrugged his shoulders. I looked back at Cole to see him giggling. I then started to hear the heartbeat of a panicked Lydia. "What do you hear?" Cole asked. "Is it Lydia?" Stiles asked. I stood there in silence, trying to focus on her. I heard her panicking whimpers. Finally, I heard her scream. I screamed, louder than I thought I could. I couldn't remember anything after that.

When I woke up, I was in a hospital bed. "Quite a fall you did there kiddo." My mom said. "What happened?" I asked. "Alot. Lydia screamed, you screamed, you passed out, she ran away." Cole said. "Lydia did what?" I asked. "She ran away. I don't know where she went, but she's gone." Cole said. Stiles came in my room. "Let's get out of here." He said. We went outside where my brother was waiting for us. Stiles handed Scott Lydia's gown. "The one she was just wearing?" Scott asked. Stiles nodded. "I'm not going to let anyone hurt her." Scott said. "I promise." He said as he looked at me. Stiles started his Jeep and Allison appeared in front of it. "What are you doing here? Someone's going to see us." Scott said. "Who cares? She's my best friend and we need to find her before they do." She said. "I can find her before the cops can." Scott said. "How about before my father does?" Allison asked. "He knows?" Stiles asked. "Yeah. I just saw him and 2 other guys leave my house in SUV's." Allison said. "Search party." Sam said. "More like a hunting party." Allison said. "Get in." Scott said as he opened his door. Allison sat next to me. She put her hand on mine. "We'll find her Riley. I promise." She said. She kissed me on my cheek and wiped away my forming tears.

"Alright well if she's turning, will they actually kill her?" Stiles asked. "I don't know okay? All they say is we'll talk after Kate's funeral when 'the others' get here." Allison said. "What others?" Sam asked. "They won't tell me that either." Allison said. "Okay, your family has some serious communication issues to work on." Stiles said. "Scott are we going the right way?" Stiles yelled. Scott sniffed the air. "Take the next right!" Scott yelled back with his head out of the window. "But Stiles, Lydia isn't going to change." I said. "What do you mean?" He replied. "Lydia's bite hasn't healed." I said.