•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8: ɪᴅɪᴏᴛɪᴄ ᴀғғᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ•

Start from the beginning

This could only go so well.

"So..." He started, slightly pushing his brother away.

"I wanted to—!"

"Do your hair!" Kook quickly cut Jimin off, scrambling over to my side of the bed. The latter followed while attempting to push him away.

"I wanted to help Princess!" Jimin whined, pulling Jungkook's arm.

I looked at them dumbfounded. This was such a random favor to be asking. Exactly what I was talking about. 

"My hair? Why would you..." I trailed off, trying to figure out how they even thought of this idea. It was so out of nowhere! I never did much with my hair and when I did, my maids did it for me. That was usually when there was some type of an event happening.

"To uhm..."

"Make you even prettier!" Jimin grinned. 

"Thanks for the thoughtfulness, but I'm good." I awkwardly chuckled, scooting myself away from them.

They both started to frown at my rejection. It's been such a hassle having to reject these guys from their random attempts of trying to win me over. Like come on. Doing my hair? It wasn't the right time or place for something so out of the ordinary.

I was just here minding my own business and they came busting through my door. It did make me feel bad, but this was getting out of hand. I accepted their playfulness for the first few days, but now it was stressing me out.

Every last one of them.

"Please! Just once!" Jungkook hollered, gripping my hand. 

"Yeah! Just once!"

I almost groaned out in annoyance. It's physically tiring. Yanking my hand away, I glared at the two.

"Just once? You both have done this so many times that I've ran out of fingers to count!" I exasperated, crossing my arms.

They fell silent, their eyes appearing downcast. A tiny part of me felt guilty for turning them down. But why should I feel guilty from being pestered around 24/7? They threw all that guilt on me and now I feel like shit.

Sometimes I hate having such a soft heart. 

"Fine." I mumbled through clenched teeth, throwing the covers off my legs. Their heads immediately snapped upwards, eyes full of content.

"Thanks Y/n!" They both exclaimed.

"Just make it quick."

Fifteen minutes later and I looked as if I was attacked by squirrels. I should've known what the result would look like since they were the ones doing it. I can admit, the process was relaxing. 

They were surprisingly gentle with my hair and didn't tug on it too hard, even if it looked a mess. It felt nice having someone do my hair just because and not for some big event. I was complaining at first but I'm not that upset.

It was one of their 'okay' attempts at trying to win this so-called competition. Although, there was a long way ahead for all of them.

"Don't you just adore it beloved!" Jimin giggled, playing with a piece of my hair. The two stood behind me while I sat at my desk.

"I think my side is much better." Kook grinned. 

"Yours looks so childish. Mine is the real deal!" Jimin retorted.

"That resembles a birds nest. Such an awful attempt at a bun." He cackled.

"Don't talk to your older brother like that! You should be complimenting my masterpiece. Isn't that right Princess?" Jimin poked his head over my shoulder, staring at the side of my face.