•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6: ᴛᴇɴsɪᴏɴ•

ᴅᴀʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ғɪʀsᴛ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ

Two days passed since the dinner incident, and it's been complete hell for me at least. The tension in the air was so thick, I thought I could eat it. 

Satan, Hoseok, and Taehyung were the main people making the air feel this way. 

Satan stayed in his room the majority of the time, no one daring to enter. But when he did exit, the hallways felt so eerily quiet and spooky. I could practically see the dark aura surrounding him as he walked to his destination. Just from me peeking out my door, it was enough to entail that everyone should leave him alone.

The usually cheerful Hoseok was quieter than usual, and he wasn't smiling as much as he used to. I wasn't sure if the main reason was because of that dinner, or something that happened before it. Either way, he didn't come to talk to me once since then. To think that he could switch up so fast worried me, and if it wasn't fixed soon, I'd have to talk with him.

Taehyung on the other hand was as normal as can be. He was quiet and mysterious, but he didn't appeared bothered at all. In fact, he would come and talk with me occasionally if he wanted to know something. But that alone left me on edge. To think he was acting like this knowing there was a potential killer in the palace and he was obviously the main target.  

That would fuck someone up mentally. But here he is, sipping a cup of tea with a tiny smile on his face as he stared up at me. It was deafening for me right now as the silence drove me mad. Paired with his piercing gaze, it was almost definitely uncomfortable.

I slowly placed the teacup down, putting my hands in my lap. I'd rather be talking with Jimin right now than having to deal with this

An awkward smile made its way on my lips as I hesitantly glanced up into his light brown eyes. I could tell he was thinking about a lot, but I never knew exactly what it was.

"Do you perhaps...need something?" I muttered softly.

 Taehyung set his own cup down, resting his chin on his hand. Does he even blink? This was almost creepy.

"Not necessarily. I just enjoy your company." He said lowly. His voice never failed to send shivers down my spine. But I refuse to fall for his hypnotic gaze and voice. He knew all too well what he was trying to do. 

"Don't you think you should be trying to...maybe solve this mess??" I huffed, crossing my arms. I'm not living like this for the rest of the month. 

The brunette sighed, finally closing his eyes. He leaned back in his seat, throwing his head back.

"Why should I? I was just stating the facts." A scoff flew out his mouth.

"But why would you start an unwanted fight Taehyung. I agree, he isn't the...nicest out there. But don't you know how horrible his temper is?! Sometimes I feel unsafe sleeping at night." I shivered, keeping my voice low. The last thing I needed was for him to hear this.

He chuckled, his eyes sparkling in a way I didn't like. Does he not understand at all that I'm trying to prevent a war from breaking out!

"I like when you say my name." Was all he muttered out. 

My stress levels are about to hit the roof. Why do they have to act like this?! I'm so frustrated to the point I could cry right here. This is absolute torture.

"Taehyung. Can you at least try to hear me out?" I pleaded, feeling more useless than I already was.

"It's so pleasing to the ears." He sighed, that look from before making an appearance. That look that sent goosebumps down my arms.