chapter 4 -🩸

————-chapter 4————-

- 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 -

It was recess. Me and her were sitting inside, since it was raining. We sat in the school library together, on a bench. It was pretty quiet, but the sound of the rain was still there. I looked out the window to see the rain pouring down. It was foggy outside.
I don't know why, but it kind of creeped me out.
At least I had her. We talked about school and other normal stuff, until she wanted to confess something.

"Luke... I didn't cut my hair by myself"
"Huh?"
She sighed in reply. "When me and Scarlett were in detention, she got very mad at me for singing and cut my hair." She looked really upset.

I was shocked. "Sorry, what?! That doesn't sound like Scarlett at all!"
"I know, I thought we were friends but... I think she hates me." Belladonna looked down.

I felt really bad so I took a hold of her hand.
But as I did, I almost let out a loud gasp.
Her skin. It was porcelain. How could I forget?. Well. That definitely made her seem less human.
But I didn't want her to know I thought things like that of her. She was just purely smiling at me, cluelessly.

But... to be completely honest, sometimes she creeps me the fuck out. Like the other day, when we were simply walking up the stairs, I started to feel very uncomfortable around her. I glanced at her from the side and realised something. She really was no human. I always forgot that. She was just made to be so realistic. But in reality, she was just a doll. Her eyes were never shining, they were dull and emotionless. Her stare was so empty and dead looking, it made me shiver.

I sometimes even see her in my dreams. And no, not in a romantic way. More like I'm alone in the foggy, dark woods, and then I'll hear a music box playing a slow ballerina song. I can barely see anything, and then suddenly she just appears in the middle of the path and walks towards me slowly. Terrifying.

When I woke up, I was scared she would be right next to my bed, staring at me. Breathing. That's why I stared at the wall for the rest of the night. I was sweating so badly and panicking. I kept squinting my eyes in fear.

I can't help but wonder things about her. Like how the hell does a doll live? What did they put inside her? Organs perhaps? But who's organs...?

And sometimes, when she's talking, if I listen really really closely, I can hear a cranky robotic noise coming from her. It was horrifying. I will not listen closely anymore. She scares me. Just a little bit.
I really hope she never realises that. Yikes... her knowing it would make her a lot creepier.

I sighed. "Belladonna... Can I tell you something?"
I made eye contact with her. She seemed really curious.
"Yes, Luke?" Shit. Now that I started the conversation, there's no going back.
"I know you've only been alive for like two weeks but... Have you ever like... had a crush on someone?
A boy, I mean..."

Belladonna blinked. "Oh... well... I think so."

"Right... so... I've been alive for about 17 years, do you think it's normal that I've never-"
I was cut off by her kissing me. Oh. I felt her lips against mine, and to my surprise, they weren't porcelain like her skin, they were actually very soft. It was kind of embarrasing to admit, but that was my first kiss. A girl has never done something like that to me before.

She quickly pulled away and blushed. I had no idea what to say. She just stared at me with her big bluebell eyes, probably waiting for me to say something.

I didn't feel anything for her. Now I knew. I found her kind of cute or whatever, but I didn't feel a thing. I just couldn't bring myself to break her heart.
I'm sure she has never experienced that before. So I chose it was best for me to just smile in response. She smiled back. Now I'm actually scared. I can't reject her.