19. Until We Met

Începe de la început

Jungkook felt his heartbeat stuttering, before putting a lot of thought into it, he blurted out.

"Just let me help you. Consider this as a friend's request, please..."

He could feel Taehyung jolting up in his hold, guessing his words caught the other off guard, but he let his glance stay on him. Taehyung doesn't fail to read the honesty behind the delicate gaze Jungkook had set on him, though the words only helped to shake him to the core.

"Friends? Us? As in you and me?"

Jungkook passed a tight lip smile, before replying.

"Yes. Can't we?"

No.

Taehyung wanted to say.

No. We can't be friends.

At least, he can't. Especially when Jungkook always gives him the butterflies in his stomach from day one, ever since Jungkook held him in control with his charms, pulling him closer without knowing, making Taehyung fall for him even more whenever their gaze meets. Taehyung was not sure he could consider Jungkook as a friend.

What friends will they turn out to be? Taehyung doesn't even know. But he can't say no to the man either, especially right now when Jungkook was looking into his soul, wide eyes brimming up with anticipation as if wanting to listen to a positive answer.

Taehyung would never lend the glow in Jungkook's eyes for anything in this world. So, after battling with himself, he settled on Jungkook's words.

"Umm, fine... I guess."

"Okay, let's go then."

"Wait, did you just convince me to be friends with you because of these awful cuts on my face?"

Taehyung dramatically squealed, letting out the noise, and making Jungkook roll his eyes.

"Jeez, I only wanted to help..."

Jungkook ended up saying, for which Taehyung let out a soft giggle. Taking the umbrella from the ground and cursing at the state they were in, both marched towards Jungkook's dorm.

All the way, they shared bearable silence and one or two comments from Taehyung for which the elder replied in a soft hum or a curt nod, cutting their conversation short because reaching the dorm was the only thing he had in his mind.

"I guess you're lucky. Else, no one had the fortune to befriend me like this and invite me to their dorm"

Taehyung said, kicking a stone on the path that landed somewhere far, and pulling his hair so randomly. He didn't know how to keep himself calm and stay put, especially after knowing that he was going to Jeon Jungkook's dorm.

Oh, heaven, have mercy on him because Taehyung was screaming inside, wanting to jump around and dance.

But he kept the urges all to himself since he can't afford Jungkook to think of him as a weirdo more than he already is. So, he tried talking less, attempting to not annoy the love of his life walking by his side.

"Hmm..." Jungkook hummed at the statement.

"You're lucky that you're cute. At least your bunny-looking face appeals to me, big boy."

"What in the world was that and...

I'm not cute" Jungkook stated, moving the umbrella slightly away from above Taehyung, the elder whining as the raindrops fell on him. But his complaints died down when Jungkook giggled.

"Of course, you're cute. Cuter than anyone, but Jimin is still on the top, ha.

Actually, you're a bunny, with your big round eyes and,"