Pha

I smiled as Lam kissed me on my forehead. But a little too late as my parents and our boys had caught us in action.

I blushed awkwardly as he pulled away, blushing furiously. I only knew everyone was secretly having a laugh at their expense. I did cast a glance towards my parents to see if they were truly ok with it.

Both of them were smiling away and I was grateful for that. Beam and Kit fussed over me whilst Lam chatted with Park and Forth. My mom had packed enough food for everyone and so we all had lunch together. In the midst of it, the police turned up.

The officer walked in, heading towards me and Lam who was standing next to me. I thought he wanted to talk to me when he turned towards Lam.

"Lam Thun Korpothing, you are under arrest for having a hand to play in orchestrating the accident of Phana Kongthanin. Your legal representation can meet you at the police station and you will be allowed 1 phone call. But for now, you are to follow me quietly or I will be forced to handcuff you."

We were all dumbfounded. I was speechless. I turned to look at Lam who was stunned into silence himself. And of all people, my mother broke the silence.

"Officer, what do you mean? I'm sorry but the last person who would have a hand in hurting my son is this boy here. It just cannot be."

"I'm sorry Mam. We go by evidence and witnesses. We arrested Fai Suniywat who admitted to running Phana over. But she said she was given the idea by Lam who also had rented the car for her on his credit card. Hence I will need to take him into questioning."

Forth was so angry that he almost wanted to hit the Officer but was held back by my dad and Beam. My dad told Lam to follow them first and he will send his legal team along. Lam nodded quietly but I could see his face. It was full of questions. I reached out to grasp his hand in comfort. He turned to me; broke the first smile since the Officer came in and just kissed my hand softly, assuring me he will be back.

I nodded my head and watched him go. As he went, my heart lurched. Then it hit me.

Fucking Yo. He must have done something. But question is, how come Fai is involved?

All hell broke loose once Lam left. My dad sprung into action wanting to call a legal team but Forth and Park stopped him. They had to inform Lam's parents who were big shots themselves so the legal representation was fulfilled. Forth called his parents whilst the rest of us were trying to understand how it could have ended up like this.

I just sat on my bed, listening to the ensuing conversation. Even though I knew deep in my heart, he didn't do anything wrong and that it will be all OK, right now my heart and brain was just overflowing with thoughts and the worst scenarios were flying in my head. My eyes glimmered and I clenched my fists silently in frustration. My mother sensed my turmoil and she came and sat next to me on my bed.

"Look at me Phana. You know he is innocent. And you know he will be out soon. I know its very very worrying but trust me when I say we will have him out ok? Have faith he will return to you quickly. Mae is here for you."

I nodded and just hugged her. She held onto me, trying to sooth my own turmoil when I knew she was in a whirlpool herself.

The boys watched but didn't say anything. I just felt Kit caress my hair softly. I held onto my mother and just cried abit. She held me tight and whispered sweet nothings as we sat through waiting for some news.