Lam

I dropped Pha off and made it to my dorm. I was just doing some work when his words came to mind about how he didn't want to bother me.

I also don't know why but I keep finding myself doing things for him despite the fact that I told myself I shouldn't.

It's not like he can't look after himself. He's constantly looking after Beam, Kit, even Ming and has even started nagging at Forth. I also heard from Forth on how he is helping out at the Medic camp for the Engineering futsal camp whilst balancing his practicum.

But yet, he doesn't seem to look after himself. So well rounded and accomplished but yet keeps failing to pay attention to his own feelings and needs. Tsk. All these doctors.

It just hit me, once again my thoughts had flitted to him! Sheesh I really had to stop this!! I finished off my assignments and was watching a boxing match when I received a call. It was from an unknown number. I frowned at it but decided to answer.

"Lam? Pha here."

"Phana? What is it? Are you ok?"

"Yea i am. I'm sorry I asked Forth for your number but I wanted to know if you are free for dinner tomorrow? Before I go set up for the medical camp."

"Yea I am. Probably around 6pm. Who else? Beam and Forth too?"

"Erm it was just us. But if you like, I can invite them too."

I kept quiet for a bit. For some reason, those 2 monkeys not joining us didn't faze me.

"I will invite them then ok?"

"Actually it's fine. I think Forth had already made dinner plans with Beam. I just recalled him telling me earlier. At the canteen."

"OH okays I see you then? Tomorrow at 6pm?"

I replied in the affirmative and hung up, glad that I could think of a white lie on the spot. It then hit me, bloody hell! Beam was his friend and they were all there. Shit, Pha could have seen through my white lie. Damn. I face palmed at my own stupidity.

Meanwhile, in Pha's POV..

I chuckled when I thought about Lam's white lie about Beam and Forth having dinner plans. But I was glad he didn't insist on inviting them. I really just wanted to spend some time thanking him too with a nice meal.

Back to Lam..

The next day was quieter for me since it was the weekend but we had to go set up for the futsal camp. It was a day of manual labour but I made sure to leave at 5pm to change into another shirt before meeting Pha at the carpark. As I walked towards him, I saw him wrapping his hand. I frowned as it looked like a bandage.

" Nothing. I just hurt myself earlier whilst moving stuff for the camp."

"You need to be more careful. Did you wash it?" Pha nodded his head in the affirmative and threw me a smile.

I was a little taken aback by my instant recognition of how it made him dazzle. Shit. I shook my head clearing such thoughts.

He offered to drive as it was a new location. I refused and wanted to. I was about to glare at him to coerce when he uttered;

"Don't even think about it. Glaring wouldn't work this time. My hand is fine. Let's go. I'm driving and that's final."

He then strode off to the driver's side. I smiled a small smile looking at how he took control and didn't back down.

As I sat in the passenger seat, I observed him discreetly as he set up everything and drove off. Dinner was a pleasant one though short. Once we arrived back at uni, Pha had to go off to set up the medical camp stuff. I was half torn between wanting to help him or going home.

Against my better judgement, half hour later, I found myself in the thick of things helping one doctor to be. Forth and Ming were there too, but helping their respective boyfriends.

Boyfriends being the key word. I was there to help Pha. As a friend? Uni mate? Forth's friend? It didn't matter to me anymore as I helped him out, rewarded occasionally by his dazzling smiles.