Epilogue- Lost Phluid

Everyone had returned back to the restaurant but he remained there because he was curious. Even the animals had returned back, so why hadn't she? After the match with the brash man, Iridian had walked to the premise of the snowy landscape and stood there, observing the snow falling quietly around her.

Logan sighed and casually slipped his hands in his pockets. He watched her hair blow and how she gripped her sword with such intensity that he was afraid she was going to hurl the sword at anyone passing by.

He was about to return back with the others, after all, just by being here would break a certain amount of unspoken laws but something stopped him. The person with wavy, brown hair suddenly collapsed down on the snow on her knees. Snow drifts pumped up when she sat and a flurry of breath escaped her mouth. She was alone in the vast landscape, there were only the buildings and the snow around her.

Her body was turned away from him so Logan could only see her back, her hidden face, and her hands gripping the snow. For a few seconds, she continuously gripped the air with her hands as if trying to conjure back her sword, but nothing came. A few more motions and still her sword would not appear.

The first heave of her body sent sudden chills to Logan, prompting him that maybe she was angry for having lost that battle with that arrogant boy. But upon watching her more closely, he knew that wasn't the case.

She was crying, weeping even, the small cries of anguish leaving her body, trying to push past against the current of burden and responsibility forced on her by others. The sound of her cries were so soft, just gasps against the noisy bustle of the city, but to him, they were prominent as if she was sobbing right next to him.

From this distance, the picture of Iridian blended well into one cohesive image in Logan's mind. Of a white rabbit in an empty clearing, trapped and surrounded, not by wolves or other lurking predators, but by its own kind. Rabbits of the same kind.