Bella had heard of the mafia in films and stories but she never thought that they actually existed in the twenty-first century and were still so active. She couldn't believe she had, not only met such a dangerous man but also spoken to him a few times without actually knowing who he was. Once Bella got to know about him, she started reading and did a whole research on the mafia. She didn't know whether she was curious about the man or his work but she was so fascinated by all of it, she couldn't help herself.

Suddenly the door opened and Marcello stepped back in. She didn't know how long she had been lost in her thoughts. Marcello looked a bit out of sorts. His hair was dishevelled and sweat covered his face. There was also a small injury on his forehead. The first few buttons on his shirt were opened and she could see something written in ink on the left side of his chest. She could only make out the 'S' as the rest of it was covered by his shirt.

"What was it? Are you okay? What happened?"

He didn't answer immediately. He walked to the bed and sat down as if he was too tired to keep standing.

" Yeah, get your bag. I'll drop you home."

He looked tired and Bella didn't want to test his patience. She quickly got her bag but then remembered Savannah.

"My friend Savannah, she is hiding in the bathroom. I have to take her."

"Marco will drop her home. Come on."

"I can't leave her with some man."

Marcello looked into her eyes and said, " Marco was the one who took her into the bathroom to hide. She's safe with him."

Bella still wasn't sure.
" I'll call her first."

She called Savannah who picked up at the third ring.
"Hey Sav, are you still in the bathroom?"

"Yeah, but that guy came and offered me to drop me home. His name is Marco. I don't know if I should go with him alone though. Where are you? I'll come and we can go together."

She came here with Savannah. She didn't want to leave without her.
"I'll come to the bathroom. We could take a cab."

Marcello raised an eyebrow, unimpressed.

"Okay." She hung up.

"I don't offer people free car rides very often. " Marcello said in a casual tone.

"I know. Thank you for that. But I can't leave without her."

He shrugged and lied down on the bed, looking at the ceiling. He had a far off look on his face. He seemed stressed. It was understandable. This was his club. An attack on his property while there were so many people here, must be stressful. Why would someone attack a club, Bella wondered again. Maybe it was the whole mafia thing. Some enemy or something. She decided to try her luck and finally ask him.

"What exactly happened?" She asked softly.

He kept his eyes on the ceiling and didn't say anything. Bella kept standing there, waiting for an answer.

" Some bastards thought they could stop me from doing what I want. Now, their dead bodies are floating somewhere in the ocean." He said in a  voice so calm and cold, Bella didn't even know how to react to it. She kept staring at him but he didn't elaborate his vague answer.

"You have an injury on your forehead. You might wanna get some medical attention. I should go." She turned around and left the room, going towards the bathroom to get Savannah.

On her way to the bathroom, Savannah looked at the dance floor that was empty. Everything was a mess and the place had been fully destroyed. Tables were broken, there were pieces of glass everywhere and blood on the floor and walls. It looked like someone's head had been smashed against the wall repeatedly. She heard a noise somewhere and turned to see an unconscious man being dragged inside a room, his blood dripping on the floor. The man dragging him couldn't see Bella.

It was a horrific sight and she just wanted to get out of there. She finally reached the men's bathroom and met Savannah. They refused Marco's offer to drop them home and called a cab. The cab arrived in ten minutes.

As they got into the cab, Bella couldn't help but think about Marcello. The tired look on his face, the coldness in his voice and just how contradicting he was.

On one hand he could flirt with her and tease her and suddenly he could turn into this completely different man who spoke about killing people as if death didn't affect him at all.

He was dangerous but equally intriguing. Even when she reached home at about three in the morning and snuggled next to Mason, she found herself thinking about Marcello as she fell asleep.