Hey, Are You The Avengers?

I sent the article to the Avengers via my General phone with nothing but a question mark.

I got a lot of we apologize this happened and we're trying to fix it. Cool.

I sent the email to the group chat.

You
Hey you audacious orangutans
Take a look at this
Insert article link
I don't think it's true but idk

Wilbah 🟤🎸
It ain't, I was there

Juni 🔫🐞
^^

America's Ass?
Yeah it's fake

Bruce
^^

Anthony
Definitely fake

Clinton
Whatever these fuckers are saying

You
I just realized like 2 things
One, we don't know what Clinton
looks like

Anthony
He looks like this

AnthonyHe looks like this

Juni 🔫🐞
Perfect

Wilbah 🟤🎸
Juni I thought you were gay
And talking to hot redhead

Juni 🔫 🐞
I mean the picture is perfect
I have like nine like that

You
Second thing I realized

Bruce
Is?

You
You guys all look like the
Avengers
Have similar names to them too

Steve's POV
I look up and see all the Avengers in the living room. Me, Bruce, Clint and Tony all have the same slightly panicked look on our face. Natasha is smiling at her phone and everybody else is watching the movie.

I clear my throat. "I'm going to grab more drinks anyone wanna help me?" I ask, hoping they get the hint.

"I'll help," Bruce immediately volunteers.

"I'll help too," Clint says.

"Imma go just to watch Clint epically fail," Tony says.

Good, played it off natural.

"So shit," I say, once we're all out of earshot.

"Yup," they all agree.

"We should probably lie, right?" Clint asks.

"No, I feel like that would be betraying her trust. Besides, if she is who we think she is..." Bruce trails off.

"Do you know who the General person that visited here yesterday was?" Tony asks. Clint nods. "We think that's her," Tony finishes.

"And do you remember the Verdict person we fought in France?" I ask.

"Holy hell, you don't really think that's her do you?" Clint asks.

"We do," I say. "The General person shouted at me about SHIELD preventing her from being active. The only person that stopped being active after being contacted by SHIELD was Verdict."

"She yelled at me about SHIELD too," Bruce adds.

"Plus, Brighton has asked me about SHIELD in the past. British people don't even know SHIELD exists," I add.

"I was on call with Brighton once. Her accent, which I guess is pretty unique, and her voice matched that of Verdict and the General," Tong adds, making our argument more believable.

"I feel like this might be taking advantage of them, but if you don't respond for a bit, they'll drop the topic completely," I say.

"I guess we do that," Tony says. Clint thinks about it for a bit and then agrees.

Bruce reluctantly agrees, "There's no other option in which we don't compromise ourselves."

We don't respond for the rest of the day.

Back to normal POV

They didn't respond. Either their the actual Avengers or it's a sore subject. Either way, I don't want to push it. I should apologize.

You
Hey sorry for what i said
Like really sorry

Wilbah 🟤🎸
Even tho it wasn't me
who said it, I hope we can still
talk

Anthony
You're fine

Clinton
^^

Bruce
^^^

America's Ass?
^^^^