ᛏᚢᛁᛚᚢᛁ

twelve

twelve

ALORA WAS OUTRAGED WHEN SHE HEARD THAT SOMEONE WAS ON THE ISLAND. She went to the Blacksmith shop and went to see the dart for herself. She had walked in halfway through their conversation. Eret was examining the dart itself.

"I wouldn't advise taking Toothless anywhere, Chief. I know this handiwork. This is the work of Grimmel the Grisly. Famous back where I'm from. He's the smartest Dragon Hunter I'd ever met. . .well, second to me, of course."

"Well he can't be that smart. He left his trap unmanned," Hiccup said.

Eret passed the dart to the Kryptonian, who took it to examine it for herself.

She used her x-ray vision to have a thorough look.

Eret laughed at Hiccup's words.

"Nothing's accidental when it comes to Grimmel. He lives for the hunt. He gets inside the mind of his prey to control its every choice. It's all a game to him."

Hiccup and Alora looked at each other with a knowing glint in their eyes.

"We've dealt with his kind before," Alora said. "He doesn't know who he's messing with."

"Alien or not, do not underestimate him," Eret said. "Mark my words, he'll be back."

"Then we'll be waiting for him," Hiccup said, determined.

Oh, we were so young. Determined. We thought that we could handle anything.

Well what happened?

*sigh* I'm so glad you're a little bit older now.

Why?

. . . Because this story is not for the faint of heart.

later in the evening

Alora was crouching above a wooden beam inside of Hiccup's house. She listened and watched carefully as the man who was supposedly Grimmel shoot a dart at what was supposed to be Toothless. The Kryptonian carefully examined his every move and watched as he sat in Stoick's chair.

All she was waiting for was her cue.

"Now!"

The Dragon Riders burst out of their hiding places, aligning with their cue. But Alora hid and waited, despite hearing Hiccup's fiery shouts.

"You think you can come into my home, sit in my father's chair, and threaten my dragon?! This is Berk, and we have defended our way of life from far worse than you!"

Grimmel laughed.

"A fighting spirit, I love it! Only, I'm afraid you're mistaken. You've never seen anything like me!"

He whistled and suddenly fire started spreading throughout the whole house. A dragon that Alora wasn't familiar with tried to attack her, but she dodged and made her way towards her loved ones.