"She needs a psychiatrist," I mumble.

"Oh really? In that case, where were you?"

"Well I don't entirely know what she was talking about," I lie. "I wasn't eloping with Levi... he just took me on a vacation for some days... but I went without her permission," I reply.

"Wait, wait, wait, he took you on a vacation? To where?" she asks.

"Well... Chicago... we stayed in a hotel-"

"Cas hold on... did you guys... do it?"

"No, no, no we didn't do anything like that," I defend, quite certain my cheeks are turning crimson red.

"So you went to Chicago with Levi and you didn't even tell me," Gaia intervenes. Gosh, I forgot she was here. "No Gaia-"

"It's cool," she states and walks out of the room.

I heave a sigh. "Margo, can you help me to the bathroom? I'm scared to walk on my own."

She places an arm underneath the shoulder of my left arm and slowly, I scoot off the bed. "Why didn't you tell Gaia?" Margo asks. "I didn't know both of you had gotten that close."

"It... it's complicated," I reply.

When I'm on my feet, I take some time to put feeling in my legs. None of them feel broken. "You good?" she asks. I nod in reply. "I can walk on my own."

She lets go of me and I walk over to the bathroom, ignoring the pain in my knee, I open the door. I almost forgot this wasn't my house until I saw the dark towels and bathrobe, different varieties of skin care products, and cream-colored walls. I approach the sink and gaze at the mirror above it.

I can swear I almost screamed.

My left eye is shrouded in a deep, ominous shade of purple, surrounded by a stark contrast of bruised, swollen skin. My forehead has a stark white bandage plastered right above my brow. If I wasn't feeling the pain before, I'm feeling it now. I look terrible.

I sit on the toilet, running my fingers through my hair. My right arm is going to take way longer to heal after that assault. I would have cried but it hurts to do anything right now.

All of this for Ace.

I suck in a breath as I get to my feet, then I hobble out of the bathroom, Margo standing there like she was waiting to see how I would react to my facial wounds. "Margo... I'm going to take a walk," I tell her.

"A what? Cas there's no way I'm allowing you to take a walk in this condition. Especially in this weather."

"Margo I'll be fine-"

"No Cas, you need to rest c'mon." She leads me to the bed and sits me down. "Mae should be back from work anytime soon and she has to see how your wounds are doing... so just lie down... are you hungry? Just tell me what you want and I'll get it for you."

This is the first time I've seen Margo give me so much attention. Usually, when she sees me all bruised after school, she ignores it or asks me to put an ice pack on it. What's with her sudden change? "A glass of water would be fine," I tell her.

"Okay then... anything else?" she asks.

"Could you help me get my blanket from my room? It's cozy and it will help me feel better."

"Okay," she gets up. "I'll be right back." She heads for the door but pauses and turns to me. "I don't want you thinking about your mum Cas... I know it's hard. Which is why I don't mind filling in for her," she says.

"Wow... thanks, Margo."

"Sure," she smiles before leaving the room.

I appreciate her trying to fill in for my mum but while she's gone I'll have to get out of here and head to Ace's.