19|Stranger danger

"The hotel's architecture is inspired by the golden age of ancient Egypt. You'll notice the ornate designs and opulent finishes all around the property," the porter explains as he leads us to our room. This is one of the biggest and most luxurious hotels I've ever seen. It's truly breathtaking. I can sense the attention to detail in every corner.

He leads us down the golden hallway and we pause in front of the sixth room. "This will be your room, Miss," the porter says to me. I turn to Levi with wide eyes. "What?" he asks. I honestly thought we were going to share a room. I can imagine how much he paid for just one.

The porter opens the door with the key card. The moment I step in I'm greeted by exquisite furnishings, tasteful decor, and attention to detail. The room has a spacious and plush king-sized bed with high-quality linens, a large-screen TV, and a well-stocked mini-bar. It even has a private terrace, creating an inviting outdoor retreat within the cityscape. "Cassi?" I turn to Levi with the smile I've had on my face since I walked into this room.

"Hmm, you seem so thrilled over a mediocre room," he mutters as he strokes his chin. Well of course you would say that Levi you've probably rented a room in Buckingham Palace once or twice. "Well, my room is across yours. I'll be right back," he says and leaves with the porter. I close the door and suck in a deep breath. This is amazing. This is so amazing.

I run to the bathroom and open the door. It has a deep soaking tub, a rainfall shower, and plush bathrobes and slippers. I need to take a shower right now.

Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I groan and walk to the bed, falling face down. I think what I need right now is chocolate and a nap. I hear the door click open so I turn over and sit up. "Huh? How did you get in?"

He lifts the key card. "This is yours," he clarifies and comes to sit beside me. "We're going shopping now," he states.

"Shopping? For what?"

He shrugs. "Anything. Clothes, shoes, snacks..."

"Do we have to go right now?" I whine and flop my upper body down to the bed. "What's wrong? Tummy pain?" he asks and places a comforting hand on my stomach.

"No... it's... okay yes it is," I sigh. "You don't have to come if the pain is too much," he smiles. Like hell, I would miss out on an opportunity like this. I sit up and draw in a breath. "I feel better already," I reassure him with a forced smile.

He gets up and twirls the car key around his index finger, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. "Don't worry pooks, I'll help you feel better in the car."

•••

I decided to stay in the backseat for safety reasons. The last thing I wanted was Levi to harass me again.
He seems to be a huge fan of oatmeal and raisin cookies though. That's nearly everything in the cart. He said I could put in anything I want but I'm not in the mood for these snacks. "You seem bored," he says as he scans another box of cookies before throwing it into the cart.

I shrug. "There isn't much to do."

"You can go get something for yourself if you want," he offers. Don't smile Cassi. "Oh really? Things like what?"

"Whatever you want sweetheart... just make sure you're back after 45minutes."

"Thanks so much, Levi, I love you!" I chime in and kiss him on the cheek. Woah why did I just do that? A warm smile spreads across his face as he caresses the spot. "Okay bye," I make a beeline out of the aisle, inwardly cursing myself for making things so awkward. Usually, he's the one who makes the bold moves what in the world possessed me.