"Yeah." Damon scoffs. "She's given up her humanity."

"Yeah, see I don't get that." Ric starts. "Stefan has his humanity. He's a good guy. Hell, you're a dick and you kill people, but I still see something human in you. But with her, there was nothing."

"You can turn it off." I explain. "Like a button you can press. I mean, Stefan's different. He wants the whole human experience. He wants to feel every episode of How I Met Your Mother, so he shuts his feelings out."

"The problem is, as a vampire, your instinct is not to feel." Damon jumps in. "Isobel chose the easier road. No guilt and shame. No regret. I mean, come on. If you could turn it off, wouldn't you?"

"You haven't." Ric inaccurately accuses. Wrong sibling, dude.

"Of course I have, Ric. That's why I'm so fun to be around. Right, Sis?"
•••
Damon went to go confront Isobel last night, and after past experiences I refused to go. He got home pretty late, though once again after past experiences I knew better than to ask why.

Luckily I have forced labor to distract me from the Isobel situation. Kind of.

Out of nowhere there's some commotion outside. I look out to the float to see Matt stuck underneath. Some of the guys have it handled though, unfortunately.
                                          •••
Apparently Isobel made an appearance, which is what caused the float to fall onto Matt. All this told to us by a very worried Elena. And apparently the Gilbert invention Isobel is so sought after is also part of a weapon against vampires.

"Where's the device?" Bonnie asks, the only one of us sitting at a desk in Ric's classroom.

"Damon has it." I answer, my focus more on Elena's pacing.

"He's gonna be difficult to reason with." Stefan adds.

"Then we'll go to him. I'll talk to him." Elena volunteers.

"He's not just gonna hand it over, especially if it's harmful to vampires." Stefan reasons.

"What if it's not?" But it is. You said so.
                                              •••
"Absolutely not." Fuck.

"Just hear me out." Elena asks. Yeah, because Damon is capable of that.

"I'm not gonna give the device to Isobel so she can give it to John who's gonna turn around and kill me." He predicts "I like being a living dead person."

"But it'll be useless. Bonnie can take it's power away." Elena convinces, why is she so enthusiastic, she's like a bad TV ad.

"I don't trust her." Damon replies.

"I can remove the original spell." Bonnie assures.

"John and Isobel will never know." Elena continues.

"No. No, I'll get Jeremy my own way." Damon argues.

"Really? How are you gonna do that?" Stefan questions. "Because Isobel is a vampire, and Jeremy can be dead the second you walk in the door."

"Are you even up for this?" Damon asks Bonnie, ignoring Stefan. "I mean, no offense. You're no Emily Bennett. Emily knew what she was doing."

"I've been practicing." Bonnie defends.

"It's not piano lessons, Honey." Can I smack him? Yes? Ok. Unfortunately, the only response was a glare.

"What's your favorite book?" Bonnie asks, undoubtedly about to prove herself.