Let the Right One In

{AN: including this one I have to write 4 more parts before we get to Blood Brothers, which I'm super excited for, but anyway... enjoy this one!}

Perfect. A thunderstorm. What a way to wake up after having our house literally broken into last night.

"I say we go to Pearl's bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night." Damon says after finishing boarding up the broken window.

"Yeah. And then what? We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say, 'oops. Sorry?'" Stefan asks, pacing in front of the fireplace.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her." Elena sighs, she had come over pretty much the second Stefan told her what happened last night.

"It was more like a helpful exchange of information." Damon shrugs, having walked away from the window by now. "And it's not like I got a choice. She's... scary."

"She tried to pluck his eyes from his face." I whisper to Elena.

"Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back." Damon continues.

"Of course she is." Elena says sarcastically. "Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process."

"You don't have to be snarky about it." Damon complains.

"I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky." Elena explains, her voice actually kind of threatening.

"How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?" Dude, no one was talking about that.

"I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that your a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities." Okay, Elena. Remind me to never fucking cross you.

"Ouch." Damon says from the chair he had sat in a few moments before.

"This isn't being very productive. We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires. Yeah?" Stefan asks, getting only Damon walking out of the room as a response.

"I'm sorry. He just makes me so cranky." Elena complains to Stefan.

"I know. He makes everybody cranky." Stefan says wrapping his arms around her.

God I hate that word. So to avoid any more possible PDA and use of that word I sprint out the door, into the pouring rain.

Found a stupid rabbit, hopefully it makes up for what I stole last night, but with Elena at home, I can't exactly do much with it.

This was a very bad idea. So I head back inside, dripping wet and cold, but I've been worse.

"I uh, took a wrong turn." I lie as a response to both Elena and Stefan's odd reactions to my reappearance before heading upstairs to dry off.

Peeling off the soaked clothes and hopping into a steaming shower.
                                              •••
After getting out of the shower and getting dressed in dry clothes I head downstairs to see Damon messing with the wall clock.

"Hunting party?" He asks Stefan, who is actually dressed for the outside.

"That guy did a number on me last night when he stabbed me. I gotta get my strength back and Marie took the deer I was saving." Stefan says walking towards the door.

"I was going to go out but then the storm hit." I shrug.

"I've got 2 liters of soccer mom in the fridge." Damon offers, earning a sarcastic smile from our little brother. "No?"