THIRTY SEVEN || J5C3C4J3J5O4XJ4A5O2A5F4

Start from the beginning

"I don't blame you, of course," Vante says quickly. "None of us do. And analysing to the best of my ability, I understand that you are the victim here."

Jungkook clears his throat.

"So, asking again, are you alright?"

Jungkook bites on the inside of his lower lip.

"Would you want to talk to somebody?" Vante prods. "Someone who will keep your conversation completely confidential?"

Jungkook slowly looks up, peering at Vante through his wet hairs.

Vante smiles, his brows raised. "Because Shritha wants to talk to you."

Jungkook's mouth slowly parts, "Shritha?"

Vante nods, "She understands that you may need the next best thing to a mother."

Jungkook's throat goes dry as he imagines Shritha, in Taehyung's body, listening to him vent. Maybe he can even understand the nature of her existence while he's at it.

Jungkook nods.

Vante spreads his arms, "Great."

Jungkook watches the switch carefully, studying it. Vante inhales deeply and his eyes roll back. When Taehyung's body exhales and it blinks, it's clear Vante isn't the one in control anymore.

"Shritha?"

Taehyung's body smiles, "Hello, Jungkook."

Jungkook's shoulders relax and he breathes in, relaxing. "Take a seat." Jungkook pulls out the chair and sits, waiting for Shritha to sit on the bed.

Shritha runs a hand through Taehyung's hair and settles herself on the bed, resting her body on Taehyung's-her arms.

"So, uh... Vante..." Jungkook nods, recalling how he and her are both Tata's parents. "Are you and him like... a thing?"

Shritha stares at Jungkook and then chuckles, "He's my husband."

Jungkook's eyebrows raise.

They had a whole family in Taehyung's head?

"How many of you are there?" Jungkook asks.

"In Taehyung's head?"

Jungkook nods.

"Well, I'm not exactly sure," Shritha frowns. "It's possible I haven't met them all. As far as I'm aware, there's eight."

Jungkook's eyes widen, threatening to pop out of his skull. "Eight?" He exclaims, choking on air.

"There could be more."

"Oh my God, what the fuck?"

"What?"

Jungkook blinks a few times and coughs, straightening himself on the chair. "Is it a personality disorder?"

Shritha nods, "But don't tell Taehyung."

"How do you know it's a disorder?"

"Jisoo had Tae diagnosed."

"And Tae doesn't know?"

"Vante or I usually take over whenever he finds something to help him figure it out."

"What's the disorder?"

"Dissociative Identity Disorder," Shritha flips her hair and sits back. "Or DID."

Jungkook frowns. So Taehyung did experience trauma as a kid?

"What happened?" He asks, hoping to know what Taehyung went through.

"What do you mean?"

"DID is caused by recurring trauma inflicted on the victim before the age of eight," Jungkook says. "What happened to him?"