TWENTY || J5O3A5F4J5O4

Taehyung pulls Yoongi closer to himself so their bare chests are touching, inhaling the comforting scent of his lover. He entangles his clothed legs with Yoongi's, tightening his grip around the elder's waist.

"Are you sure you don't want to reconsider?"

Yoongi sighs, his chest rising and falling over Taehyung's. "Taehyung, we've talked about this. Your lifestyle is too dangerous for me. "

"Jungkook doesn't see a problem."

"You and I both know Jungkook is an adrenaline junkie," Yoongi chuckles, rubbing Taehyung's back in comfort.

Taehyung closes his eyes and exhales, savouring the touch of Yoongi's hand, the sound of his laughter, hoping it stays in his memory for as long as he lives.

"How's the mafia doing?" Yoongi asks.

"That's not important," Taehyung pulls Yoongi in further. "What's your plan?"

Yoongi chuckles again, more lightheartedly this time, "I'm gonna try and work as a music producer, adopt a kid or two."

"You always wanted to be a musician," Taehyung says, his voice soft, dripping with longing.

"Yeah," Yoongi laughs. A light, happy laugh. "It'll be the dream life."

A pang shoots through Taehyung's chest at Yoongi calling any life without him a dream life. "Won't you ever miss us?"

"I will." Yoongi slumps a little into Taehyung's arms, "But this is what's best for all of us."

Taehyung stays quiet and takes in Yoongi's scent again, sleep overpowering him.

He doesn't want to fall asleep. Not when this is his last night with the man who was always there for him, no matter what, through thick and thin.

If he falls asleep, Yoongi won't be there when he wakes up. If he falls asleep, he'll waste precious time he can spend with Yoongi instead.

Maybe he just needs one affirmation, one small 'yes'. Maybe he just needs to know Yoongi is in it for the long ride.

Choking back his tears, his voice stuck in his throat, Taehyung manages to speak up, "If the world was ending, you'd come over, right?"

Maybe Yoongi didn't respond or maybe Taehyung just fell asleep before he could hear Yoongi's answer.

He doesn't know.

All he knows is, he dozed off with Yoongi in his arms and hope in his heart.

——————–—

Jungkook bites his lower lip in excitement as exhaustion leaves his body at the thought of getting closer to cracking August's code.

He ate dinner hours ago and though he did worry about Taehyung at first, he pushed those thoughts to the back of his head.

For now, he pumps his fist in the air.

According to his Common English Letter Theory, Jungkook thinks that maybe A1 and A5 are the letters A and E respectively. This also makes sense in another way, since A and E are the first and fifth letters of the English alphabet.

Then a thought occurs to Jungkook. What if A1, A2, A3, A4 and A5 are all the first five letters of the alphabet in order?

And maybe the X denotes a space.

Not like he has a better idea.

Jungkook quickly grabs the pen and starts scribbling down the entire code again.

F5 J1 e J3 a J5 C4 F5 F4   -   C3 a O3 F1    -    J3 a F4 d J4

-

a b F5 J3 J5 e d