Interview

Max and Billy both decided to stay in Hawkins for longer, sure they have a house in California but they have a home here in Hawkins. Max didn't mind it, staying with the people she enjoyed hanging out with. It has been about 2 weeks since the accident, Max has taken it easy, especially with Lucas and her friends by her side. She was happy that she and Lucas didn't need to hide their love for each other from the Party.

------------

Mr. Sinclair walked inside the house folding through the newspaper and advertisements they would receive in the mail. He paused when there was an envelope addressed to Max, he took it out of the pile and into his other hand. His footsteps were heard in the kitchen where his family was sitting and eating breakfast. 

"Good Morning" Billy said as he made his plate up.

"anything good? or is it all junk?" His wife asked.  

He took a sip of his coffee and exhaled before speaking up. "Well, most of its junk...But this did come addressed to you, Maxine." He smiled softly while handing the girl the envelope. He was confused because only her close friends knew she was staying at the Sinclair house for the time being. It would be a shame to have the public know she was here, further proving her and Lucas's "rumors". He brushed the thought off to place the rest of the mail in the recycle bin.

Max was on that thought too. But she knew if anyone wanted to send her mail, she would have to reach out to El first. She became less concerned about the topic. Max set down her fork and proceeded to break open the seal of the envelope. She pulled a few papers out from the once-enclosed piece of mail, unfolded the papers, and began to read. 

Lucas watched her as her beautiful blue eyes darted from side to side reading the words written on the paper.  He sure as hell had no idea what the letter was informing her about but her face lit up a few seconds after she began to read. A faint smile formed on the girl's face, he took it as a good sign. 

"They are inviting me out to make an appearance on this show. All it really is is an interview request essentially." She made it sound simpler for the family to understand the contents of the letter, well except for Lucas. He knew what being in the spotlight is, he understood.

"That's awesome! So you're going to go?" Mrs. Sinclair piped up. 

"Well obviously!" She smiled. "The public hasn't seen me for weeks I'm sure they're still concerned. So appearing on the show would be nice for them, and for me too." 

Lucas always admired her for how she thought about others, even back then. Sure she didn't go about it in the right way but she had good intentions. He remembered the second time she broke up with him, she did it out of worry that Neil or Billy would hurt him so she left to keep him safe. It wasn't his finest memory but it was one with her so it was prominent. 

------------

Max, Billy, and El were all flown out to New York. Lucas had given them a few tips about New York from his time at college there. But the staff from the show knew the ropes pretty well so they were being taken care of nicely. The three of them had 4 days there so they took some time to explore. They visited Times Square and took their time with Central Park. It was very pretty, El and Max, decided to take photos for good memories and to post a few to Max's fans. 

------------

(A/N: this is sorta gonna be like The Tonight Show but I don't want to copy it so I made a discount version lmao...I'm so cheesy x.x) 

The Midnight Show with Rebecca Spencer

Tonight's Guest is Max Mayfield!

The screen was mounted on a building, it was run by every few minutes, she was currently in Times Square with El. She was generally having a good time, Max looked at the screen as she saw a picture of her fly by once again. No doubt she was a little nervous but that was the new normal with her "celebrity status". She was excited that people were here for her, again she never really liked the spotlight. But when you're not seen in public for some time, it's nice. 

"Are you ready to go soon?" she heard El speak as she took another sip of her coffee. Max normally didn't choose coffee, but she was going to be up late so it would help. 

"Uh, yeah sure. I assume we should call Billy and he'll come to get us?" Max shrugged.

After 15 minutes, Billy finally arrived to pick them up. Well it was more of a chauffeur and Billy rode in the back, but either way, he still came. The car drove up to Stage 7 as indicated by the sign painted on the brick wall of the building. The three of them hopped out of the car and were directed by Staff to a preparation room. Max didn't wear anything fancy, just something she'd always wear back in California at college. A graphic tee, shorts, and a denim jean jacket. it was simple but it always looked good on her. And to top it all off, her signature red converse shoes. 

She waited for the signal to turn "On Air" and for her name to be called. 

"Alright, Alright, and with that being said. Please allow me to introduce our guest for tonight, Max Mayfield!" Rebecca, the host's voice was heard and Max was given the go-ahead to walk out from behind the curtains. It made her smile, all the people clapping for her as she came out. It was refreshing? If that was the right word Max could describe it as. 

Max waved to the people with her good arm, as her other arm was still enclosed with a cast. Rebecca stood up and shook her hand and gave her a quick hug before she sat back down.

"It's so nice of you to come to see us Max, really. I'm sure most of your fans are very happy to finally see you out in public since your crash in the rink." She started to talk with a smile.

"Well, I would have to 100% agree with you. To be honest I missed it just a little, though it might have been nice being pampered by your friends. It got annoying after a while," Max answered her statement with a small chuckle. 

"Well, that's nice! And besides your arm, how are you?" 

Max never really thought about that, but at the moment she felt pretty good. "Well, I'm doing good. I think I'm actually pretty happy with things." Max smiled truthfully. A lot of people in the building could tell that it was a sincere smile. 

"That's really important. I'm sure we are all happy that you are happy! Right?" She said as she turned to the audience. 

"Well, I bet it sucks to have to be in that cast?"

Max thought about her question, trying to find words to put together. She smiled when she found an answer. "Well yes but no. It does suck because I can't write well without my dominant arm but I just look down and think of my friends." Max responded as she pointed to all the signatures and little notes her friends had left on her cast. 

"Wow, that's nice. Especially when you get lonely right? Do you mind if we read some of the notes?" Rebecca asked Max, sure she knew that Lucas wrote some lovely note but he signed it as Stalker, plus Max realized she had to get some "hints" out there.

"Sure!" Max lifted her casted arm onto her desk so she could read the few notes and signatures.

"Aww. Here let me read it aloud,

Let it be known that your bone is as strong as you are. It might break but it will come back stronger, Love you MadMax <3

- Stalker "

Max felt her face get a little flushed at the thought of Lucas's words. What he wrote was so true, damn he knew her better than she credited him for. She smiled as she re-read his words in her mind, that was until she was interrupted.

Rebecca looked to the audience after reading the words on her cast, her face filled with surprise and eagerness. She looked back to Max who was smiling, she swore that her face was definitely flushed but wasn't sure. 

"Max! Who's this Stalker?" 

Max was silent as she took her hand to her mouth and pretended to zip her lips and throw the key away, Max then laughed at Rebecca's reaction. With all said and done it was very clear to the audience, and Rebecca, that Max did in fact have a lover, though the fierce redhead didn't say it. They all knew. 

------------

I have no words.

A bit longer chapter but I'm sure you all don't mind :)

catch you all in the next chapter <3

- Macy