ɪx : ᴠᴏʟᴛᴜʀɪ

Bella stood at the cliff where the pack would hang out and do some cliff diving

Bella stood at the cliff where the pack would hang out and do some cliff diving. No one knew she was there so she staged her fake death. Her truck and packed stuff beside the cliff, her shoes on the edge and her phone thrown at the sides.

With one last glance at the forest, Bella Swan jumped off the cliff.

A day after Isabella Swan left, Aquila received an unexpected letter. She stood at the porch of the Cullens house as she read the content of the letter. After reading the whole letter, she sighted and frowned. Edward came from behind her and hugged her. Aquila knew who it was the moment she smelled his favorite perfume. She melted in his embrace.

"Who made my star frown?" He asked. She chuckled after hearing the nickname he gave her.

"Nothing I can't handle, Mr. Cullen." Aquila smiled. Edward raised his brow at her, clearly wanting more details. She sighted again. "The Volturi is expecting my presence tomorrow. They want to have a little chat about the war, especially about your involvement even after they declared neutrality."

"Then we will face them." Emmett declared for all the vampires heard what Aquila said.

"No. If your whole coven show up, they will see it as a challenge. You disregarded their declaration then your whole coven would show up in their doorstep, full force even though all they want to talk to was me. I knew this would happen. This is the reason why I didn't want to bring you into the wizarding world's mess." Aquila said, pacing back and forth.

"Then let Edward and I come." Alice piped in. "We'll be our Coven's representative."

"No. I am the coven leader. I should go." Carlisle said.

"Stop him, Edward." Alice thought. She showed Edward different possibilities and some aren't as promising as others.

"No, Carlisle. I should go. They will see reason for our defiance because Aquila is my mate making her an immediate coven member. Alice will be able to help us plan on what steps we should take if they change their decisions." Edward reasoned.

"But--" Aquila was about to object when Rosalie cut her off.

"Bringing Edward and Alice with you means more protection. It will keep our minds at ease." Jasper nodded at Rosalie's words.

Hours later, Aquila and Edward are sitting side by side in the plane while Alice sat on the seat in front of them. Edward had a long talk with Charlie bout keeping Aquila safe. Delphi and Teddy were quite fuzzy as if they could feel that Aquila would be away from them for a long time, if you call three days long. Aquila felt the same, making her anxiously look at the window of the plane. Edward noticed his mate's unease thus he did his best to comfort her, kissing her hands, temple and forehead from time to time.

When they arrived at the airport, two Volturi guards were already waiting for them. Edward and Alice stiffened because they didn't expect this. Demetri and Felix were smirking at them. Aquila returned the smirk much to Edward and Alice's confusion.