ɪ : ғᴀɪᴛʜғᴜʟ ᴇɴᴄᴏᴜɴᴛᴇʀs

Aquila was late

Aquila was late. Super late. If it wasn't for Bella's loud truck, Aquila wouldn't have woken up. She cursed herself and she cursed her jetlagged brain.

But being a witch has its perks. She was able to fix her things in a swish of her wand and dry herself, fix herself some strawberry milkshake with whipped cream, do her hair and get ready to go. Most girls would take an hour or two but for Aquila it only took her twenty minutes, fifteen minutes spent showering and five minutes spent on getting ready. She was already on her way out when he saw Charlie's note to Bella to not disturb her and let her sleep in. Charlie knew she had jet lag since it had only been a day since she arrived. But she's already dressed up for school so she left her uncle a note telling him she decided to go.

She made sure to cast a charm that would stop her strawberry milkshake to spill and took off with her motorcycle. The parking lot was empty when she arrives and only a few students were walking outside. Looking at her watch, she only have two minutes before class starts. She ignored their stares and headed towards the school.

After getting her schedule, she headed to her first class which is History. She was twenty minutes late but the teacher dismissed her after knowing her name. Thankfully this is a small town and news travels fast. Her teacher gave her the benefit of the doubt since Charlie already told them Aquila might skip the first couple days of classes. The teacher was already impressed of her eagerness to go to school.

She sat beside the only empty chair in the classroom beside a blond guy with golden eyes. He looks like he's holding his breath as he sat stiffly giving Aquila as much space as possible.

Then and there Aquila knew something was different from him. His skin was too pale and flawless. His eyes were a peculiar shade of gold. His beauty was inhumane. And when they accidentally brushed each other's hands, it dawned on her. He's a cold one.

As the teacher rambles about their lesson, Aquila's mind drifted towards her Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson. And based on the guy beside her's eye color, he's a vampire who feeds on animal blood. She knew a cold one once. Her name is Maggie and she helped Aquila in her DADA homework about cold ones when they met at Honeydukes.

After learning that cold ones cannot keep food down their stomachs, Aquila felt sad for Maggie thus she searched about a way to help her thirst while giving her a little human experience. That's when she discovered that dragon blood is effective in keeping vampire bloodlust under control thus she made it into a lollipop or as she and Maggie would call it the Bloodpop. She admires the self control that the vampire beside her possesses. She wandlessly summoned a bloodpop.

She discretely slides the bloodpop towards the vampire. The blonde guy raised his brow on her whilst she only mouthed 'it will help' with a knowing smirk.

Jasper Whitlock, now known as Jasper Hale, was surprised about the sudden action of this new girl. Alice saw her coming, Aquila Black, but they don't know why. She intrigued him thus he only nodded at her and put the peculiar lollipop on his pocket. That was their only interaction throughout the class. Others didn't noticed but he did. Aquila Black had been sipping on her strawberry milkshake and the milkshake is still full and as good as new.