I joined her. "I-I just think that we probably would have heard a wild animal giving birth on our countertop."

Orange scrunched her face. "Would we have?"

I sighed.

"Okay, let's say that a wild animal miraculously had a silent birth on our countertop and then left. What sort of animal lays an egg this big!"

Orange's eyes widened as she avoided my question. "Oh Pink, what if it comes back!"

My eyes widened too. "Th-then I'll lock the air vents and i-it will probably be fine."

Orange and I stared at each other for a moment until she grabbed my hand.

"What if it's a gift! Maybe someone bought it through an ad and had it spawn in our house!"

I sarcastically said. "Someone bought us a giant egg?"

Orange stared at me desperately.

"I don't know Pink. I'm just trying to think of things because it's really freaking me out."

I ran my hand through her messy hair.

"Okay let's say it was a gift then, because that's the only semi-reasonable thing it could be. What do we do with it?"

We both stared at the egg in silence and soon Orange started to smile.

"What if someone bought us a pet as a gift for our Wedding Anniversary!"

I gave a sigh of contrived relief.

"Love, you are probably so right..."

Feeling less afraid, due to the prospect of a new pet, Orange took the egg up in her arms. She looked at me excitedly.

"What sort of pet do you think it is?"

I, with no conception of how animals gave birth, said.

"Maybe some sort of large dog. Or maybe something more exotic as it must have been left anonymous for a reason."

Orange gave a big smile before placing my hands on the egg. I gave a small gasp as I felt it to be warm to the touch.

Orange laughed and smiled at me warmly.

"Say hello to our new 'baby' Pink~"

I smiled before giving her a long kiss.

~~

After the denial wore off Orange and I uneasily waited for the egg to hatch.

We still had no idea what it was and it could possibly be dangerous.

About a month later I woke up to Orange screaming my name and that's when true panic set in.

I rushed into the kitchen at full speed, almost running into Orange. She quickly grabbed my hand and pointed to the egg.

Our hearts pounded as we watched the egg wiggle and crack in silence.

After what felt like hours a small hand burst forth from the egg causing us both to scream.

Like something straight out of a horror movie, Orange and I watched as not an animal crawled out of the egg.

But a baby Addison .

In fight or flight I pointed to it and screamed. "You're not supposed to exist!"

Orange looked at me in panic. "What are we supposed to do with it?!"

I continued to scream. "I don't know!"

Due to all the yelling the baby started to cry. As I tried to scream louder than it, Orange desperately squeezed my arm.