Chapter 30

Harry is landing in New York City the same evening of his phone call with Meredith. The rain is beginning to come down steadily and Harry's not even surprised by this; seems like perfect weather for this occasion in New York City.

Once the small plane touches down, he doesn't even have to look for Meredith's car; she's already standing outside the door waiting for him to depart the plane on the runway.

Harry's hurrying down the stairs, his 2 dark leather suitcases in each hand as his mind is filled with nothing but Louis Tomlinson. So many thoughts are plaguing him... but he just wants to know that Louis is ok. Absolutely ok.

"Wasn't too rough of a flight, was it?" Meredith asks Harry as she's opening the trunk for him to place his suitcases in.

"It's a really small aircraft, but he was an excellent pilot," Harry's telling her while he's throwing the suitcases in. He stops and looks at Meredith as she's holding the umbrella over his head.

Harry finally just throws his arms around her and hugs her as he's closing his eyes. "Thank you... for calling me."

"I should've called you weeks ago, Harry," Meredith manages to whisper as she's sniffing some. "I'm sorry."

"Let's just go get him," Harry tells her as he's letting her go and looking in her eyes. Meredith manages to nod as she's trying to smile.

They're leaving the runway within seconds, Harry's mind still lost in complete worry.

"I... I would like for you to take him... to my lake house in Connecticut... a few hours away from New York. No one will bother you there, it's completely secluded. Has electricity... as long as there's not too bad of a storm. There's nothing around the house for miles. Just the lake, woods, and the house," Meredith tells Harry several minutes later as she's driving through the New York rain that's quickly falling now. "William won't know you're there. He... doesn't even know that I'm getting him out tonight."

Harry's watching the rain pounding onto the windshield in front of him as they get closer and closer to the institution... to free Louis.

Meredith brings the car to an abrupt halt in front of the hospital and Harry's hand goes to the door at once to open it. "No, Harry... I need you to stay in the car..."

"I've done nothing but worry about Lou for months. He's in there and he needs me. I can't just stay in the car," Harry's saying to her sternly.

"Harry," Meredith speaks up at once, Harry falling quiet again. Meredith sees the anxiety, the overwhelming worry that sits behind Harry's eyes right now. She's almost on the verge of tears as she's grabbing Harry's hand and telling him softer, "I... I know how upset you are... and I know just how much you love him..."

Harry's letting out a deep breath at once and nodding some, "I know... I'd just cause more trouble by going in with you. I'm... I'm sorry. I'm not thinking rationally. I'm just really scared for him, Mere..."

"Hey, I am coming right back with him, alright?" Meredith tells Harry at once. She lifts Harry's chin so that he's looking at her before she's smiling again. "He's going to be alright. He will be. You're going to take him away... and you're going to take the best care of him... I know that you will."

Tears fall out of Harry's eyes and he's wiping them away slowly before he tries to nod some.

"They know I'm coming for him... so this shouldn't take too long, I hope," Meredith tries to reassure Harry once more.

Harry's letting out a deep breath as Meredith steps out of the car and into the pouring rain. He watches as Meredith hurries up the steps with her umbrella, then she disappears within the hospital doors.