Chapter 29

8 Weeks Later

Harry listens eagerly to the piano playing onstage down below; he's completely blown away by this performer. Then, the violins are beginning to come into the haunting melody and Harry is even more blown away by this performance.

He's always loved listening to symphonies; he's always enjoyed watching people use their incredible talents to make such beautiful music. Hearing the instruments play together in perfect harmony has always given Harry goosebumps.

He's almost on the verge of tears as a more heartbreaking piece of music plays now; all he can think of when he hears the wailing of the violins is Louis Tomlinson. As if he ever stops thinking of him now.

He's been in California for 8 weeks, and he's yet to receive a letter from Louis, though Harry has sent him loads of letters. Harry's talked to Meredith several times, but she hasn't mentioned much about Louis. He can only take her for her word when she continuously tells him that Louis is ok.

But, deep down, Harry doesn't feel like he is ok. Harry can't shake the anxiousness, and the feeling that something isn't right. He feels like Louis would've written him by now, regardless of whether he had gotten married or not. He's sure that he would hear from him.

When the orchestra finishes their final piece, the audience gives them a standing ovation. Harry claps along with everyone else, then he's trying to slip out before the aisles are too overcrowded.

He's burying his hands in his coat pockets as he's walking out of the auditorium doors. Someone is bumping into him and Harry's knocked back a few steps.

"Shit... I'm sorry," the older man is saying. "Wasn't watching where I was going..."

He's holding some sort of book and paper, Harry notices. Then, Harry notices the man's face; he knows him. He's the director for the movie Harry had just auditioned for earlier in the day.

"It's not a problem," Harry tries to smile. "I probably wasn't paying attention either."

The older man smiles at once. "You auditioned... for the part of Willliam today, didn't you? Your voice was very distinct, I remember..."

"I did, yeah," Harry smiles at once, "yeah, not too many Brits here, I'm assuming."

"Not really," Matthew chuckles at Harry. "But... Meredith also told me to expect you for the audition today."

"Yeah, that was really nice of her," Harry nods and grins, "she's... really trying to help me take off here."

"Hey, I don't feel like that will be a problem for a face like yours," the director says at once before he's clearing his throat.

"You have the part of William, in my opinion... you should expect a call tomorrow," the director tells Harry, a small smile on his lips as he's looking Harry up and down. "You're quite... stunning, Mr. Styles. I'm sure you hear that a lot, though..."

Harry almost blushes as he laughs, "uh, I do, yeah. But... thank you, sir."

"Don't call me, sir. Call me Matthew," he tells Harry at once, his tone more serious, "and... since you're new here... why don't we get drinks... and I'll show you... the best places to go for fun here in Hollywood... if you catch my drift?"

Harry closes his mouth; Matthew knows that he's gay. Somehow, Harry's not even surprised that he knows. Matthew is quite good friends with Meredith, after all.

"Yeah, uh... I'd like that," Harry manages to reply, though he's suddenly feeling the overwhelming tension between he and Matthew. He's sure that Matthew will be going home with him tonight... and part of Harry wants Matthew to go home with him... but not for the reason Harry would usually want.