"Lemme sleep," Ivan said in a croaking voice. His eyes struggled to stay open, after just a few moments his eyes were forced shut.

"I would but its my job to heal people like you." 

"I can sleep it off." I groan and pull back his bedsheets. I stared with surprise as tried to take in all of Ivan's injuries. I wrinkled my nose at his burn marks, his skin was bright off, parts of his skin was burnt black. His arms were bent outwards, the soles on the bottom of his feet were ripped to the point I could see the bone. I stared as his ribcage stuck out of his sides, I winced at the sight of his ribcage sticking out. My eyes shifted to the door, loud knocking filled the room. Ivan quickly sat up and opened his eyes. 

His head turned towards the door,  he winced in pain and held his sides. 

"Open the door, I'm trying to sleep." Ivan said with annoyance. I quickly shook my head and backed up towards the wall. 

"If I open that door we'll all die."

Ivan wiped the sweat from his forehead and groaned.

"Are the Yokai still attacking?" Ivan said with annoyance. 

"They are," I whispered as the knocking got louder. Ivan quickly got out from his bed, blood dripped onto the floor as he shoved his head into his waistband. He thought for a moment before shaking his head and mumbling to himself.  My heart beat loudly in my chest, my breathing grew heavier as my palms became sweat. Ivan started to limp towards the door. I shuffled my feet trying to make noise, I grabbed his shoulder. Ivan jumped and turned around.

"What now." I dragged Ivan towards his bed, Ivan stared at me as I tried to make him sit down.

"How can you even stand! You're bleeding everyone, I can see pieces of your brain! Sleep through the noise! It will go away in an hour. They never try to go into buildings they just knock loudly." Ivan's eyes slightly closed and looked towards the door.

"An hour?" Ivan questioned himself. Ivan glanced at his brand new silver colored watch. He looked back up at the door. "I can sleep with this noise." He calmly stated. I froze in fear as he took out a spear made of ice. He grit his teeth as he willed himself through the pain. Ivan grabbed the door handle, I could feel the silence fill the air as he twisted the door knob and jumped back. A hideous, monster looking women burst into the building. Ivan threw the spear. 

Ivan stomped his feet as the spear flew over her head. I struggled to move as the women charged at Ivan. Ivan quickly stepped to the side and took out a strange, looking metal sword. The sword didn't curve like the ones I was used to, even the guard looked different. Ivan swung the sword at the sides and jumped behind the women. Ivan's neck failed to support his head, his eyes struggled to stay open as he backed up towards the exit. 

I held my breath, I looked around the room and looked for anyone that could help. I quickly noticed that everyone was trying to hold their breaths and hide from the monster. No one bothered to get up and fight beside Ivan. I shuffled through the wall and stared with fear as the monster followed Ivan outside. Ivan smirked as the monster's torso suddenly exploded, loud gusts of wind was the only thing I could hear. The monster fell to the ground. Ivan swung his sword and suddenly appeared in front of me. Ivan breathed heavily, he dropped his sword and limped over to his bed. Ivan weakly smiled. 

"Close the door." He ordered. Ivan's body fell and faceplanted on the floor.  Ivan's breathing slowed to a steady, lazy rhythm. I quickly sprinted towards the door and slammed it shut. I heard mutters fill the room. I noticed a pool of blood  surround Ivan. Before I could make my way towards him one of the curtains opened.

I turned my head towards the sick, black haired girl. Her bright blue eyes looked into my eyes with concern and fear.  

"It's gone right?" She whispered in an angelic voice. I quickly nodded my head. She sniffed and wiped the boggers coming out of her nose with the back of her hand. She got up from her bed and looked in Ivan's direction. Her eyes widened, she pointed her finger at Ivan laying one the floor. Ivan smiled as he was sound asleep. Ivan supported his head on his forearm. A bit of droll rolled down his chin as he turned and slept through the pain. I scrunched at the mess I would have to clean because of him.  "He's not dead right? Did he get hurt? How'd he defeat the Yokai so quick?"

"That idiot didn't even get touched during the fight, he was already bleeding when I got here." The girl leaned back in her bed, and coughed into her shirt. 

"Oh," she said in a quiet voice.  "Do you need help?" She quietly whispered and looked around the room.  I smiled and shook my head up and down. 

"Put him back on the bed," the girl widened his eyes.

"That's it? No medicine? No healing?" She said while looking at him. "I think I can see brain!" She said. She gagged at the thought. She recomposed herself quickly and got up from her bed.

"He heals when he sleeps, his body is pretty weird." I said as we approached Ivan's sleeping body. The girl reached down and grabbed his leg. An expression of uncomfort appeared on her face as blood got onto her head. Before we could do anything to him, Ivan kicked the girl's hand away from him and scrambled back onto his feet ready to fight. He bent over and coughed, a bucket full of blood spilled onto the ground. He took deep breaths of air and glanced up at us.

He stared at the girl and back at me. He looked down at his body and back at the girl. He calmed down and slowed his breathing.  He rubbed his head and glanced down at the pool of blood at his feet.

He ignored the girl and looked towards me. 

"Do you want me to clean it up?" He said in a tired, croaky voice. 

"Just go to sleep, I'm surprised you're not dead yet." How is he still alive? His rips are sticking out, he lost a lot of blood. I can see his skull. He looks disgusting. It took all my will power to not turn my head away from him. Ivan quickly leapt into his bed and closed his eyes. The girl beside me turned her head towards me, she had a confused smile as she tilted her head towards Ivan. I shrugged as she walked towards Ivan. She looked down, her lips formed a frown as Ivan's blood seeped into the bed sheets.

I stared at the pool of blood on the floor. I looked around for a mop or a rag I could use but all the room had were beds and curtains. I brought my hands together and let the dirt cover up the blood. I scrunched my nose as a tiny patch of dirt turned red. I notice in the corner of my eye Ivan turn his back towards the girl as the girl leaned over Ivan and watched him intensely. Ivan's eyes were wide opened, he balled himself up in the blanket. The girl slowly lifted her hand and pointed her index finger at Ivan's skull. She giggled to herself as her finger slowly inched towards his skull. 

Ivan turned his head towards the girl.

"Can you let me sleep?" Ivan asked. The girl quickly backed off.

"I thought you were already asleep." She quietly said. He closed his eyes and let his head rest on the pillow.  She leaned over him and looked at his injuries. "How do you deal with the pain?" She whispered.  She quickly looked away to sneeze. Ivan jumped but let his head rest on his pillow. 

"Nothing I could do, just sleep?" He confusedly responded with a sleepy tone. The girl sighed and looked towards me.

"He's kind of hard to talk to."