Chapter 12

Emiko awoke slowly. This was the first time in months she hadn't had any weird dreams. 'It's like a miracle,' she thought. Quickly, she changed clothes and woke Rome and Ramira from their slumber. "It's almost time to meet everyone at the cafeteria for breakfast," she explained.

Rome and Ramira sighed as they got ready as well.

Eventually, Team Light headed towards the cafeteria only to find Yoh and the rest of the gang already there along with many others participating in the tournament.

"Looks like they're finally here," Horohoro commented quite annoyed.

Rome yawned tiredly as he sat down beside Horohoro, "Don't be a stick in the mud Horohoro. People like us need our beauty sleep since we're planning on actually fighting."

Horohoro stood up angrily ready to attack, "Why you little-"

"It's too early to be arguing so sit back down Horohoro," Yoh said with a smile.

"Yoh, how can you be so relaxed!? I don't think it's a good idea to be just sitting around eating noodles before for match!" Horohoro yelled.

"I don't think so, I probably don't have anything to worry about anyways. I think we'll be winning with just one blow!" Yoh explained confidently.

Emiko laughed as the other teams turned to look at him.

Ren also saw the glares they were getting and scolded Yoh harshly, "Watch what you're saying! Have you lost your mind?"

Unfortunately Ren's words went in one ear and out the other. Yoh continued to eat his breakfast as Anna said, "You're too carefree Yoh."

"Well you did teach us all those techniques from that one book. We learned them all in such a small amount of time and now we're much stronger then before," Yoh explained to Anna, "Now we won't have any problem facing any more opponents." Ren sighed audibly as Yoh got up to leave.

"Leaving so soon?" Emiko asked.

"It's almost time for our match so I wanna check out the arena beforehand."

"Whatever you say Yoh. Good luck."

"Thanks Emiko, you too. Ryu, Faust, let's go."

Emiko watched as the three left. 'They've gotten a lot stronger. It seems Anna found Hao's old techniques,' she thought to herself.

"What a bunch of hot air!" Someone yelled.

Emiko glared in their direction. Before she could say anything Horohoro beat her to it. Apparently they were Yoh's next opponents. Even Ren decided to intervene. Emiko didn't pay much attention to it. She was too busy eating breakfast to care. She ordered food that resembled what she ate in the U.S. since that's where she originally lived. "Are they still arguing?" she asked Ramira.

"Nope. Seems your cousin just let them off with a warning."

"How nice of him," Emiko commented sarcastically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Looks like their match is about to begin," Rome observed.

"Seems like it," Emiko answered. Before coming to the arena she decided to change clothes. Now she wore black tennis shoes and black socks. To match, she wore black and white athletic shorts with a red t-shirt. She had pulled her wavy blonde hair into a high ponytail and brought her black umbrella as a medium.

This time Team Light decided to sit near team The Ren to watch Yoh's match. "Are they arguing again?" Horohoro asked.

"Who knows," Ren commented, "But what I really know is what techniques you were teaching them, Anna."