Chapter 4

"Thanks Billy, see you soon," Ryu said.

"Hope you find what you're looking for," Billy said as he drove off.

"What a man," Ryu sighed as they started to look around. "Where are we supposed to go from here?" he asked.

"Let's check out the library," Ren said while pointing to a location on the town map.

"Sounds good," Yoh said.

Although she didn't want to be by herself, Emiko wasn't a huge fan of libraries. "I'm gonna look around town for a bit. You guys have fun without me! Let's meet up at town square in 2 hours!" She said as she quickly disappeared into the bustling crowds.

"Um... ok?" Horohoro said.

"Alright let's go," Ren commanded as they headed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Have a nice day!"

"Thanks, you too!" Emiko replied to the street vendor. She found an empty bench and sat down to eat. Gazing at the bright sun she couldn't help but squint. It was hot and dry. No clouds could be seen for miles. Rain was out of the question. Emiko sighed lightly as she finished eating. "Huh!? Who are you!?" she almost screamed when she turned around, only to realize a little girl had been sitting by her the whole time.

"My name is Opacho," the little girl said. She wore a yellow cloak and a yellow headband with a tiny bow on it. Her hair was in the shape of an afro and the color was a lovely dark shade of brown. She had a cute chubby face with wide shiny brown eyes.

"I'm sorry for yelling," Emiko said, "You just scared me."

"Opacho doesn't want to be scary," she said with a sulking expression.

"No no, that's not what I meant," Emiko said, trying not to make the little girl cry, "you surprised me! You're not scary at all, you're actually very cute!"
"R-really?" Opacho asked with teary eyes.

"Yes! Of course!" Emiko said with a wide smile.

'Grrrrl,' Opachos stomach roared.

"Are you... hungry Opacho?"

"Yes, Opacho is very hungry," Opacho answered timidly.

As Emiko stood up from the bench she got an idea, "How about some ice cream? Do you like ice cream Opacho?"

Opacho nodded her head shyly as her face lit up, "Yes, Opacho likes ice cream a lot!"

Emiko giggled at Opacho's cute expression as she bought two vanilla ice creams. She handed one to Opacho as she sat down beside her on the wooden bench. "Is it yummy?" Emi asked. Opacho responded with a satisfied hum. Emiko let out a small laugh. "What are you doing here by yourself?"

"Master told Opacho to wait here until he's done," Opacho explained.

"Done with what?" Emiko asked curiously.

"Opacho doesn't know," she said as she took a big bite of her ice cream.

Although it was a little strange, Emiko didn't bother questioning it. "Do you live in this area?" Emiko asked.

"No, Opacho goes wherever Master goes," she explained happily.

Emiko smiled towards Opacho who's face was covered in vanilla. Emi laughed at her cute face while she finished her own ice cream. 'Her master must be lucky to have her,' she thought silently.

"No, it's the opposite," Opacho said out of the blue, "Opacho is very lucky to have Master."

"Huh? Oh I must've said that out loud," Emiko said with an embarrassed smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After talking with Opacho for what seemed like forever, it was finally time to  meet up at Town's Square. "Opacho, would you like to come with me and meet my friends?" she asked.

"No, Master will be back soon," Opacho replied.

"Ok, wait here with your master so we can all eat dinner together!" Emiko called as she started to walk away.

After walking for 10 minutes, Emiko finally reached town square only to be greeted by the orange haired girl from before and her lackeys. Hoping to go unnoticed, Emiko made a 90 degree turn. Unfortunately it failed and she was seen by the blue headed girl, "Oh look, it's that blasphemous girl from Japan."

"What do you want?" Emiko asked with an annoyed sigh.

"Relax, we're not going to hurt you or anything. Not yet anyways," the orange haired girl said as they started to walk past her.

"Also, if you plan on sleeping try using a pillow instead of someone's shoulder," the blue haired girl said harshly.

Emiko's face turn a soft shade of pink as she remembered falling asleep on Hao's shoulder during the flight. After calming herself down, Emiko looked around for any signs of the guys. Once she realized they weren't there she took a seat at a small table next to a book store. Letting her thoughts run wild she remembered the strange dreams she had during her nap on the plane. 'Who was that man?' she asked herself, 'He seemed so familiar. I know I've seen him before and why did that preacher call me Emiko Asa-'

"Sorry Emiko, did you wait long?" Yoh asked as he took a seat across from her.

Snapping out of her daze, Emiko noticed the others behind Yoh take a seat as well. "Oh hey guys, did you find anything about the Patch?" she asked, trying to disconnect herself from her thoughts.

"Not much but we met a person who can point us in the right direction," Yoh responded.

"Um... is everything ok?" Emiko asked as she took a better look at everyone, "You all seem kind of... tired?"

"It's nothing, we're all just a bit sleepy from all that walking," Yoh explained. Although she was skeptical, Emiko didn't want to be noisy so she decided not to press any further. "The person I told you about, Lili Rara, she offered us a place to stay for the night so we should probably head back over there soon."

"Alright, just let me go check on something real quick. I'll meet you back here in 15 minutes," Emiko said.

Yoh nodded his head while the others kept their heads down as they muttered fairwells.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emiko walked over to the bench Opacho was last seen on but couldn't find her. She scanned the area for any signs of the little girl. Almost no one was around. When she turned to look at the wooden bench one more time she was met with a pair of brown eyes, dark hair, and a smug smile. "Hao," she breathed.
-

----------‐-----
𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 1055
-----------------
~𝚌𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛
𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕. 𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝! 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛! 𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚗 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔 (𝚞𝚗𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚎) 𝚘𝚗 𝚎𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚛 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢.
𝙰𝚕𝚜𝚘, 𝚆𝙴 𝙷𝙰𝚅𝙴 𝙾𝚅𝙴𝚁 200 𝚅𝙸𝙴𝚆𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙾𝚅𝙴𝚁 20 𝚅𝙾𝚃𝙴𝚂, 𝚆𝚃𝙷!?
| (• ◡•)|