Chapter 11

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
SLIGHT MENTION OF DEATH TOWARDS THE END DO NOT READ IF YOU CAN NOT HANDLE IT I WILL PUT A WARNING EMOJI BEFORE THAT PART JUST IN CASE

"Huh?" Emiko questioned as she turned to see a short male with his animal standing infront of them.

"Who are you?" Yoh's fiance questioned with a snarky voice.

"The name's Joco and I'm feeling loco."

Emiko snickered a bit as the stranger made another bad joke.

"Stop it with the jokes or I'll slice you to pieces," Ren said as he pointed his weapon at Joco, "If you've got something to say just spit it out already."

"Ok, ok. The reason I approached you guys is because the next phase of the Shaman Fight is a tournament," Joco said.

'It's just like what Ramira and Rome said,' Emiko thought silently.

"A tournament?" Horohoro questioned, "What does that have to do with us?"

"It'll be a three on three team battle. You can choose whoever you want but if you don't have a team you'll be disqualified. So I'm kind of in dire need of teammates right now. Any takers?"

"Sorry but this girl's taken," Ramira said as she and her brother walked up beside Emiko.

"Wait what?" Yoh asked confused, "Emiko? When did you join a team and now you're in the Shaman Fight as well!?"

Everyone turned to stare at her as she explained the events from chapter nine. "Surprise I guess," she said with a small laugh.

Ryu sobbed a little as he yelled, "Oh sweet Emiko, how could you go and join another team!?"

Emiko turned towards the center of the village as the crowd started to rumble with noise. "What's going on over there?" she asked.

"Listen, I suggest you let me join your team before it's too late. The favorite to win the Shaman Fight just showed up."

Emiko's eyes narrowed as they landed on Hao and his crew.

"There's a favorite?" Horohoro questioned.

They all turned to where Hao was as Joco spoke, "Almost everyone knows about him. He's been waiting for 1,000 years just to become Shaman King. If that's not commitment I don't know what is. Also, he apparently wants to burn everything to the ground and his army of minions are totally ok with that. His name's Hao."

"Yeah, we've heard of him," Ren said, weapon still pointed at Joco.

"Anyways, I'm in the market for teammates so what's it going to be?" Joco asked.

Yoh thought for a minute before he decided, "You seem like a decent guy so you can join us."

'Does he ever think for more then a minute before deciding something?' Emiko thought with a sigh.

"Yes this will work out well," Ren said, "Joco can join my team."

"Huh?" Horohoro muttered.

"This was bound to happen eventually. We will now be enemy's Yoh so be prepared when we fight, you too cousin."

Emiko sighed quietly as Yoh and the others stared at Ren in disbelief.

"Wait what? You still need a third team member though," Horohoro yelled.

"Yes, it'll have to be one of you two since Yoh's team will be looking for Lyserg," Ren pointed at Horohoro and Ryu.

"I won't be on a team without Lyserg you hear!" Ryu exclaimed.