Chapter 2

It's been a week since Emiko decided to stay with her cousin, Ren Tao. It's been fun, she's gotten to know Ren better and spend time with his 'friends' as well. Currently it was sunset and there wasn't a cloud to be seen for miles. "I guess it's almost time?" Emiko asked.

"Yeah," Ren answered, "it's time to let the whole world know just how strong I am!" Emiko giggled quietly at his response. "We'll leave first thing tomorrow morning so sleep well ok?"

"Got it," she said. After watching the sun disappear behind a large hill the two went to bed and waited for the sun to rise in the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ren and Emiko had just arrived at the designated area. It looked more like a festival then a place to have a battle. There were hundreds of shamans standing around and talking together. There was music playing and food stands everywhere you looked. "Wow, I never knew something like this even existed."

"Yeah, pretty neat right?" Ren said.

"Yea-," Emiko started to answer until her stomach growled loudly.

"We should get something to eat since we skipped breakfast," Ren suggested.

"Haha, yeah maybe you're right." Today Emiko wore skinny blue jeans, her red tennis shoes, and a white hoodie with black stripes on the sleeves. Her wavy blond hair fell naturally at her sides as they walked to the food stand. They sat down and paid the man for their food. "This is pretty good," Emiko commented.

Ren hummed in agreement as they ate. It took only two minutes for Ren to almost completely finish eating.
"Food's pretty good," he said to someone behind him.

Emi turned to look at who he was talking to. She heard three people yell, "Ren!" all at once.

"Oh, hey guys!" Emiko greeted.

"Hey Emiko," Yoh said, "I didn't know you were coming with us. You two should've stopped by before coming here!"

"Really?" Ren asked.

"W-well yeah."

Emiko giggled as she watched Yoh's embarrassed expression. "I'll be joining you all if that's alright."

"That's fine by me cutie pie! And chief Yoh would never turn down a pretty face like yours!" Ryu concluded.

"U-um thanks..?" Emiko responded, not sure what to say.

"Stop flirting with my cousin old man," Ren said.

"Old man!?" Ryu screeched.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After listening to Ren and Ryu argue, the five of them found somewhere to sit and pondered what to do. "So... do we just wait here for someone to show up?" Emiko questioned as she took a sip of her soda.

"No clue, I just want to know why they brought us all the way out here," Ryu answered.

Emi took another sip of her soda, feeling the cool liquid run down her throat. "Ha, what a bunch of amateurs!" someone said from behind them.

"Who the heck are you?" Ryu asked.

"Are you trying to pick a fight?" Horohoro added, "This is a private conver-"

Suddenly there was a loud swoosh to Emikos left. Horohoro was crushed by a red fist that punched right into his gut. "Aren't you the one trying to start a fight? I was just trying to be friendly," the guy said innocently.

Emiko stood up along with the rest of them. She kept her stance firm. She didn't know who this guy was but he was obviously powerful. She didn't have to look at him to know that. When she finally laid eyes on him her mouth dropped. She's seen him before. In her dreams. "Horohoro are you alright!?" she heard Yoh call out.
After that she couldn't process anything else. This was impossible. The guy infront of them looked identical to the one she's seen in her dreams. His long, straight brown hair flowed through the air along with his white cloak. He had a pair of dark gloves on. They had a silver star in the center that shown brightly. He had a lean figure and toaned abs. His brown eyes shown mischief and playfulness. He stood confidently and outstretched his legs which were covered by red baggy pants.