Chapter 8

Emiko stared at Hao, shocked. "Hao..," she barely whispered.

"Yes?" he asked, waiting for an answer.

Emiko looked away for a moment trying to gather her thoughts. Hao slowly reached his hand towards hers. Before he could even touch it he felt a sharp pain on his face. Emiko had slapped him, hard. "What are you thinking!?" she scolded him loudly, "Asking someone to marry you after you hurt their friend and made them pass out! Just who do you think you are Hao!?"

Hao stood shocked.

"I don't care what we were before, and even if I did you're a totally different person!"

Emiko stood a bit out of breath. She couldn't bring herself to look at him. She spotted a door behind Hao. She sighed quietly and started to walk towards the door. "Where do you think your going?" Hao grabbed her wrist tightly and Emiko could feel his gaze fixed on her. She could feel a strong energy emitting off of him as she held her umbrella tightly in her hand.

"If that was all you had to say to me then I'll be leaving," Emiko said firmly as she finally looked at him. His face was neutral, he didn't give anything away. Of course she knew he had to be at least a little frustrated. His honey brown eyes were focused on her, like he was trying to read her mind...

That's when she realized that he was trying to read her mind. She almost laughed at the thought, her mind was a mess. Always thinking of different things and scenarios. Now that she knew he was trying to read her mind Emiko decided to have a little fun with it. She cleared her mind of all crazy thoughts she had on a daily basis and focused on something else. Hao's eyes suddenly widened in confusion, "Tch. That's what you've been thinking about? My brother?"

She fained surprise and thought, 'What!? C-can he read my mind!? And Yoh and Hao are brothers!? What's happening right now!?'

"Of course I can read your mind. And yes, Yoh is my younger brother. For some reason though, I feel as if you already knew this," Hao inquired with a challenging smirk.

"Hm? What are you talking about how could someone as dumb as me figure that all out?" Emiko asked sarcastically. She had guessed Yoh and Hao were related from the moment she laid eyes on both of them. It was plainly obvious.

"So, were you really thinking about Yoh this whole time or were you just playing me?" Hao asked kind of angrily.

She became quiet. She was thinking of Yoh this whole time, but it wasn't just him. She was also thinking of Horohoro, Ryu, Ren, and even Manta who wasn't here. She would never think of any of them as more then friends. "Maybe I was really thinking of him this whole time," she finally answered with her own mysterious smirk.

"Well that would be a shame."

"Hm? Why is that?" she asked, becoming a bit curious.

"My dear brother already has a fiancé. I actually went to go meet with her not too long ago. She's a very charming young woman. Very strong as well," he said with a smile.

Something about Hao going to see Yoh's fiancé didn't feel right to her. It couldn't be that she was jealous, that was impossible. It was just a bad feeling. "Ok, what does that have to do with me?"

"Well since you were supposedly thinking of Yoh all this time, I figured this would mean something to you but it seems I'm mistaken." Emiko narrowed her eyes. They stood there for quite a while staring each other down. And that's when Hao caught her off guard. He quickly moved to her right and she was ready to block until he changed direction. Hao lightly kissed her left cheek before walking past her and towards the door. "Til next time, Emiko," he said before letting the door slam behind him. Emiko stood dumbfounded. She couldn't move. It was like she couldn't comprehend what had just happend. Just like how the author couldn't comprehend how many views she had on this story.