[3-2] ੈ✩‧₊˚ attention

❝︎Everyone's looking at you❞︎

Attention· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Attention
· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The welcoming feast for new first-year students concluded with the Hogwarts choir singing for the students. Every year, it was always enjoyable to see the first years so amazed by the beauty of the castle. It wasn't hard for Harry to catch students occasionally staring at Analise mesmerized. Analise sat beside Harry across from Draco and Jovana whispering about something that seemed serious. Jovana kept a serious face while Draco tried to lighten the mood.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say, before we become befuddled by our excellent feast," Dumbledore announced, "First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts. Good luck to you, Professor."

"Of course! That's why he knew to give you the chocolate, Harry," Hermione realized.

"And... Another one," Analise whispered with a sigh.

"Potter! Potter!" Draco whispered grabbing Harry and Analise's attention. "Is it true you fainted?" a boy next to him fake fainting, "I mean you actually fainted?"

"Draco!" Jovana whispered hitting Draco's shoulder, "eyes on me. I'm not done talking."

"Shove off, Malfoy," Analise said turning Harry around.

"As some of you may know, Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!" Dumbledore announced and all students cheered, the Gryffindor students cheering louder than anyone else.

"Finally, on a more disquieting note, Hogwarts -- at the request of the Ministry of Magic -- will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban."

As soon as Dumbledore finished talking, whispers filled the hall while Analise and Jovana turned around at the same time. "Hogwarts is the safest place on Earth," they said in unison before turning back around and returning to their conversations.

"The Dementors will be stationed at the entrances to the grounds. While they are under strict orders not to enter the castle itself, you will on occasion see them as you go about your daily activities. Under no circumstances are you to approach them. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving."

"Pleasant, don't you think?" Analise said talking over Dumbledore to Harry.

"Should I really even be surprised?" Harry shook his head.