year 4 | chapter 9

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I know what it was," Harry sneered, unusually angry. Fred and George exchanged a look before deciding to walk away. Ginny stood next to Hermione, and the two shared a look.

"You are not allowed to start snogging Ron!" Harry said angrily, pointing at me for emphasis.

"You're not in charge of me, Harry! I can do what I want," I said, tightening my jaw as I looked at him.

"Ron is my best friend and you're my sister. Absolutely not! Not happening!" Harry yelled. By now, everyone in the common room was watching the exchange. Harry and I fired back and forth too quickly for anyone else to get a word in.

"Harry, quit being ridiculous," I told him.

"You can't have Hermione and Ron!" Harry yelled at me.

"I don't have anyone, Harry," I rebutted, my voice remaining even and calm as I crossed my arms. "They're people. Not objects."

"You have Hermione, and I have Ron. That's how it is and always has been!" Harry stubbornly replied, throwing his arms around in exasperation.

"We're all friends, Harry!" I replied like it were obvious as I motioned around the room between the four of us.

"Yeah, but Ron is my best friend. We talk about more personal stuff. Best friend stuff. Like you do with Hermione. How am I supposed to do that if—" Harry replied, his voice growing louder.

"Why wouldn't you be able to do that still?!" I asked incredulously.

"Because he's dating my sister! It's gonna change everything, Harper!" Harry screamed back.

"It's not gonna change anything!" I shouted back. He may have been taller than me now, but I didn't let it intimidate me. We stood almost chest to chest as I crossed my arms and he breathed heavily from shouting. "Yours and Ron's relationship won't change."

"It will, Harper. It will. We won't be able to talk in the same way we used to. If you can't see that, you must be stupider than I realized," Harry seethed. I stared at him with my mouth agape. Harry had never insulted me like that before. Even the Weasleys and Hermione gasped.

"You're going to tear the four of us apart, Harper. You're ruining everything."

"I'm not—" I started angrily.

"You are! You're ruining it just like you always do!" Harry yelled.

"Harry--" Hermione started to interrupt.

"Like I always do?!" I repeated. "When have I—?"

"When you shout at Vernon and lose us meals for a week! Or got us locked in our closet under the stairs for days! All because you couldn't keep your damn mouth shut!" Harry screamed.

"I was standing up for us!" I screamed back, getting in his face.

"How'd that work out for us? Huh?" Harry taunted. I stood there, silent as I glared at him.

"You can't keep your mouth shut, Harper. And now you can't keep it in your pants either," Harry seethed. I gasped as I leaned back.

"Harr--!" Ron started, stepping forward.

"Are you calling me a whore?" I yelled at Harry.

"If the shoe fits," Harry shrugged. "You're snogging my best mate."

I raced forward and slapped Harry across the face, leaving a red mark behind. "Fuck you, Harry," I yelled before turning and leaving, aiming my middle finger at him and slamming the door to my room behind me.