Epilogue

"When I saw you first,
it took every ounce of me
not to kiss you.

When I saw you laugh,
it took every ounce of me
not to fall in love.

And when I saw your soul-
it took every ounce of me." 

- Atticus

I looked at the tiny snowflakes falling down and smiled slightly. I've just never felt so happy. Leaning against the railing, I admired the beautiful sight in front of me.

Though I was shivering.

Maybe I'm going to die of hypothermia but then again what's the use of having a doctor fiancé?

I knew I should've chosen some wannabe rockstar.

Sigh. Too late now.

Just then my phone rang and my best friend's name flashed  on the screen.

"H-hey, bestie." I cooed.

"Why are you shivering?" Mel deadpanned.

"Hmm, because it's cold?"

"Oh, so not because you forgot your scarf?"

"You know me so well," I smiled sheepishly even though she couldn't see me.

"Anyway you enjoying Paris?" She asked and I could hear the smile in her voice.

"It's beautiful. And you wouldn't believe the number of hot French guys, Mel. Maybe we should dump these men and move here. Just the two of us."

"Mhm. That does sound like a good idea," Mel mused at the same time Zach let out a very indignant "Hey!"

"What are you both up to?" I asked her.

"I just kept the Tarte de Santiago to bake, Zeph was hungry." She said amusedly.

"He's always hungry," I snorted.

"You hypocrite!" Zach yelled from the background and then I heard a loud thud and a yelp.

Melantha sighed.

"What did he break now?"

"He forgot to close the lid of the food processor. I'm not even surprised anymore,"

I laughed.

"I'll call you later, the idiot managed to get tomato purée on him and our dog." She huffed.

"You say that as if you don't enjoy watching me str-"

She cut the call before he could finish. She definitely had her hands full with that one.

Time goes by so fast, I still remember the first time we met, I was just nineteen. And now three years later, I'm engaged.

Azrael proposed just last week and took me here to celebrate. More like kidnapped me here.