Chapter 46 : Over

The last time I remember feeling so happy when I dressed up but this time I didn't feel any. Not even a bit.

I tugged on the neckline of the cream dress that I was wearing, trying to cover up my chest a bit more. The dress was beautiful with a V-neck, fitted at the waist and brushing my knees.

It made me feel like a princess yet I wasn't smiling.

"You look beautiful, my baby." I turned to see my mother behind me, holding something in her hand.

I smiled at her, "Is Mel here yet, Ma?"

"Nope, she'll probably be here soon. I've got something for you." She said, comeing closer to me and placing the small box on the desk.

"What's this?" I asked curiously.

"Something very precious to me," She smiled and flipped open the lid to show me a breathtakingly beautiful gold bracelets with tiny delicate white pearls. "It's beautiful, Ma."

"It is, isn't it?" She murmured as she took it out and gazed at it fondly. "Your dad gave this to me on the day we graduated, designed it himself and made his mother contact the best jewellers to make it." She paused and clasped it onto my wrist, "It was left on my table with a small note, that's when I realised it was a goodbye gift."

"He left you? Why?" I asked, shocked.

"He had a whole life ahead of him in France, he was here just as an exchange student and we just met. I always knew he'd go back. But I just didn't know how soon." She sighed.

"What did you do?"

She scoffed, "That moment I realised two things. One, I was never going to forgive him and two, I was in love with that fool. Your father ruined me for anyone else."

"Six months later, I'm working as an interior designer. And I get a huge offer to renovate a newly purchased mansion, I was so excited and determined to impress this client. And guess who showed up? Cassius Blanchet-Brooks showed up, giving me the same grin he shot me on the first day of Uni. And look where we are now."

"So you forgave him?"

"Not fast ofcourse, there was a lot of begging and grovelling included. Your idiot of a father had gone back because he was scared that he was getting too attached and it took him a while to finally come to his senses. He had settled in America and bought that house for us. This house. He learned hindi so he could impress me and my parents only to know that we didn't even speak it," she let out a laugh, "And finally I took pity on him."

"What I wanted to say,Willow, is that I see myself in you. You don't want to forgive him yet you love him so much, don't you?"

I nodded.

"Then give him a chance, darling, you won't regret it." She said softly and I nodded, a big lump rising in my throat.

"Atleast he's not as stupid as your dad."