Chapter 2

*Skulduggery POV*
I walk outside to my car in shock. I am soo confused right now... I thought. Ghastly was trying to talk to me but I was to stunned to actually reply. I got in my Bentley and followed after the sanctuary van.

13m later we arrived and Valkyrie was carried out, into the sanctuary. Kenspeckle turned to me. "Can I talk to you alone please detective?" He muttered. I curtly nodded and we walked out of earshot of any other curious Mage. " You don't think you deserve to live" he said. I stayed silent. "I want you to talk to the girl, you'll be able to relate to her" my body went rigid. He knew. He knew about how I tried to kill myself with the god killer dagger. Ghastly stopped me and he's Been worried about me ever since. I gave a small "okay.." As a reply and the professor just sighed and walked away.

2 hours later...

*Unknown POV*
I couldn't remember what happened over the last 22 hours. All I remember was......shit....I SHOULD BE DEAD... I started screaming and crying out. I still hadn't opened my eyes but could hear people talking in hushed tones around me. This isn't fair...I should be dead... I should open my eyes. It doesn't sound like a hospital and it smells different...not like Shane would take me to hospital anyway... I slowly opened my eyes and immediately closed them again. A bright white light was reflecting into my eyes. I moaned but still didn't move my body at all." Are you awake??.." I jumped in surprise not realising someone else was in the room with me. I opened my eyes and looked at him. He was a skeleton. Cool. "Where is he?..." I whisper, afraid he'll hear if I talk to loud. "You don't care I'm a skeleton..?" He mused. I shook my head. God he's voice is so smooth and calming. " I don't really care about anything anymore.." I stated bluntly. "Where am I..?" I asked. He stayed still. "To answer that I need to know where you are from, so where are you from and who are you??" He questioned. "My names Stephanie.... Stephanie Edgley." I replied. " I'm from Australia and..." I paused and started crying again. He sat in shock for a moment before surprising me and getting on the bed next to me and holding me close. My heart warmed at the gesture and I felt safe in he's arms. I rested my head on his surprisingly comfy ribcage. "Do you want to talk about what happened??" He asked softly. I hesitated but nodded. "Promise you won't tell?" I asked, holding up my pinkie. He put his bony finger around mine " I promise". I smiled for the first time in years. " When I was little my dad beat my mum and eventually killed her... He blamed my uncle and he went to jail. I don't have any other relatives so he used to beat me and call me names. I was his slave since I was 5 years old. I gave up yesterday and tried to kill myself... But once I cut... I started flickering and I woke up here... I don't know why... Where am I anyway??" I said. " Were actually in Ireland...Stephanie...do you know about magic.?" He asked. I shook my head and for the next 1h he explained everything about the world of magic. He showed me his abilities and I was so excited that I found my self laughing. Soon we were both laughing. Not long after he explained everything a big, built man with scars on his head walked in. He seemed to have a shocked look on his face when he heard skulduggery laughing. I liked Skulduggerys name. It suited him. "Ah, ghastly, this is Stephanie. She shunted from another dimension into your bedroom, do you remember?" He asked in a joking tone. I hid half behind him embarrassed and wary of the new visitor. "Of course I remember skul, it happened earlier today!" He said smiling. "Hello dear! Mind if I have a little chat with skulduggery?" He said warmly. I frowned and looked at skulduggery. I leaned into his ear and whispered " Please don't tell him everything...just the basics.." He gave a thumbs up and hopped off the bed and followed ghastly out.