Maybe it isn't about the ending, but about the story instead...

The plane lands in Reno, and Eddie and Raine make their way through the airport outside, and meet with a cab driver.

Eddie's POV

"Mr. Munson?" The driver asks me. "That's me, I say as he holds out his hand to greet us. "Your boat awaits you two." He smiles, looking at the both of us. I look over at a confused Raine. Before she even has a chance to ask, I stop her. "Just wait, you'll see."

I open the cab door and she slides in. The cab driver takes our luggage and I get into the car with Raine. "I didn't realize you were this mysterious, Munson." Raine says, giving me a look over. I laugh and put my fingers to my chin.

"Maybe you should've thought twice before marrying me, now I have you trapped!" I say, then I take her into my arms, poking her side making her laugh and squeal at the same time. "Stop, Eddie! Okay! Okay! I'll quit asking!" She hollers in defeat.

"That's what I thought you said," I say pulling back just as the driver gets into the car. "I remember the good days being young and in love." He smiles into the rear view mirror. "I sure miss my wife." He says, as he pulls into traffic. Raine looks back at him into the mirror and I just know she's going to push further into his statement.

"You miss her?" Yup, called it. "Yes, I do. She passed 4 years ago from cancer. She was the love of my life since we were 16." He answers her. I can hear him choking up on his words and honestly, he's making me feel really bad for him. I hope Raine lets it go for his sake and for mine but it's Raine and I know she won't.

"I'm so sorry, what was she like?" Called it again. "Oh, she was lovely. Most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Long brown hair, beautiful brown eyes. Smile that I swore every time it showed, the world stopped spinning for a split second just to admire it." I watch him wipe a tear from his cheek and I can feel myself becoming emotional.

I feel myself empathizing with this man. I too, know exactly how he feels about his lady because I feel the same exact way about my girl who happens to be sitting right next to me. I glance over at her to catch her wiping a stray tear from her cheek too. I take her hand in mine and she looks at me with sad eyes and manages to smile at me. I mouth i love you to her to remind her that I know EXACTLY how he feels about his beloved wife.

"I am so incredibly sorry for your loss," she tells him. "She sounded like an amazing woman. I decide to chime in as well. "I can't imagine losing your other half. I wouldn't know what I would do if something happened to my wife. I'd have to go with her because life would be pointless going on without her." I can feel Raine squeeze my hand.

The rest of the ride is somewhat awkward, with less conversation and more of a tour guide type of ride with our driver pointing out famous sites of Reno. He would throw in "even though you aren't staying here, there are tons of sites to stop and see if you happen to pass back through on your way out.." Rain would look over and smile at me with a please can we? type of look.

I would just smile because I know once the honeymoon is over, she won't even care to stop because she will be too exhausted from everything we will have done on our own little private island.

"Here is where we part, my friends." The driver says as the car comes to a stop. I look out in front of the car to see a medium sized blue boat with a taller man standing on the dock in front of it. "Not much further, I promise," I say to Raine whose looking out of the window with millions of questions flooding her eyes, but nothing coming out of her mouth.

"It's going to be worth it, believe me," I say, taking her hand and placing a soft kiss on top of her knuckles. "Do you trust me?" She looks over at me and for a second I think she might say no but her expression softens. "Eddie, just you planning a surprise honeymoon was enough for me. Of course, I trust whatever you have planned for us. I'm just ready to be alone with you and begin enjoying our honeymoon as husband and wife," she smiles at me and leans over, planting a small kiss on my cheek.