Raine Ch 7

"Here we go." Eddie says as he pulls me towards our table. Max is smiling wide at me, and Lucas looks like he just witnessed a crime scene. Dustin has his jaw dropped and smiling at the same time. Nate is too busy shoving tater tots into his mouth to even notice us. 

     "Eddie!! My guy!" Dustin hops up and runs over to him. "you're telling me you guys hung out one whole day and you two are now dating!? Oh my god, that's incredible!" Dustin laughs and goes into a one-sided hug with Eddie. I can't help but laugh as I watch Eddie's facial expressions while Dustin hugs him. "Henderson, you can let go any time now." Eddie squirms trying to free himself. I sit down by Max and can't quit laughing at the boys' interaction. "I promise he's enjoying every minute of it." I giggle to Max.

     "I'm not so sure. His face says otherwise." She cracks back at me. We share a laugh and Eddie finally gets away. He pulls out the chair next to me. "Alright, assholes. Go for it. Ask away." Eddie scoffs at everyone. Lucas leans forward. "I just have one question." Max slaps his arm. "Lucas, I swear to God if you ask what I think you are going to ask, I will kill you." He grins at her and looks back at us. "You guys mysteriously disappear after lunch yesterday and today, you're suddenly a couple. Do we even want to know how you two ended up here? I mean the googly eyes you two made at each other yesterday about made me barf, so I don't want to know if you two. You know. Uh....... hooked up." He says practically gagging. I let out a small laugh and flip him off. 

     Eddie looks at me and smirks. Oh, holy shit. He better fucking not. "Well Sinclair, if you MUST know." He grins that same devilish grin he gives me when were...together. "You can safely assume that yours truly," Eddie points to himself, "has OFFICIALLY resigned his role as a virgin in the sexual industry." My eyes widen and Lucas gasps. Dustin screeches what sounds like a dying cat and Max mouths to me "You go girl," while giving me a thumbs up. 

     Eddie puts his arm around me and smiles. "Raine here is a sex fiend. She practically jumped me when I showed her my picnic table. I almost called 911 in fear of protecting my virtue." I gasp now and punch his arm. "That's not even SEMI close to what happened, Mr. Munson. Quit telling them what you wished would've happened." I snicker at him. 

     "Guys, the truth is that after we left lunch yesterday, we went and talked at Eddie's table. We sat there and talked for a while, and we realized we had a lot in common." I smile at him. "I don't know. It just felt like we've known each other our whole lives and we just hit it off. I also may or may not have kissed him." I shrug my shoulders and the whole group smiles. "Talk about being the man of the relationship." Nate butts in and laughs. "Nate, eat your damn food and shut the hell up." Eddie growls at him. "Bitch." I shove Eddie a little. "Be nice," I smile at him. "I was the one who initially made the first move." I smirk. "Uh, by my memory, I asked YOU if I could kiss you darlin." He budges my arm. "Oh, gross guys. Stop before I lose my lunch." Lucas fake gags. Max gives him a dirty look and he stops. "Jesus, sorry. It's just weird to see Eddie like.... well like a little puppy." 

     Lucas's analogy caught me by surprise, and I burst out laughing. Eddie immediately turns to me grinning. "Something funny about that, Miss Elle?" He places his finger and thumb on his chin like he is so intrigued. "Actually, I kind of thought I was the puppy chasing you but apparently that isn't to be seen." I give him a look and I can see him shift in his seat. 

     The group ends up chatting amongst themselves and Eddie leans back in his seat. "Wanna go somewhere?" he says only loud enough that I can hear him. I lean in and crinkle my nose at him and nod. He smiles and grabs my hand. "As fun as this has been, we must be off. An adventure awaits us and sad to say it's only a two-man fight. Adios, assholes." He flips the whole table off with a grin and pulls me away. I wave bye to Max to see her winking at me. She knows exactly what is going on.