9. Interrogate away

'Ms. Cora, please take a seat I'm almost finished interrogating Ollie.' Alfie said sweetly his eyes raking over her as she sat down.

"Oh interrogate away.' Cora said smirking back at Ollie, his mouth felt dry as he looked to her.

'Come on tell me.' Alfie demanded, he couldn't figure it out. 'who you been fucking?'

'He's not bad,' cora admitted and ollie choked on his drink.

'What? You? You're fucking ollie?' Cora gave him an innocent smile. 'Hell.' Alfie murmured scratching at his beard.

'Don't be jealous Alfie.' She took a seat across from him so elegantly wrapped one leg over the other.

'I'm not.' He told her but fuck yes he was. He had his eyes on little miss Cora shelby since they started doing business together but her flirting and teasing never led to anything. Not that he didn't try but she didn't want the big bad man in charge it seemed.

'No of course not,' Cora agreed with a smirk. 'Should we get started?' She went on opening up her notes. 'Since you finished your interrogation.' She added smugly.

'Ollie? Really?' Alfie questioned her.

'Still on that? Right well go on lets hurry it up though I've got things to do today.' Cora remarked bored.

'Ollie?' Alfie couldn't believe it, he looked from Cora to Ollie and didn't see the appeal in Ollie. Cora, yes. He understood why Ollie had a spring in his step. But what was Cora getting out of Ollie?

'Relevant questions that have not been answered or I'm leaving and upping my stake by 3%,' cora warned.

'Fucking hell.' He couldn't wrap his head around it.

'Onto business then?' Cora suggested.

'Yeah... yeah....' Alfie agreed scratching at his beard again.

Alfie wasn't listening to a word she said. He could have signed over his company he just kept saying yep, yes, alright as he looked between Cora and ollie. His mind racing with what the fuck? Cora was a 10. No doubt about it. She was everyone's type. Confident powerful and so sexy. Ollie was ollie.

'Pleasure as always Alfie.' Cora said closing up her notes and putting them in her bag. 'Ollie can you give me copies of all that, right?' She questioned sweetly making a show out touching his chest.

'O-Of course.' Ollie said anxiously. Alfie leaned back in his chair watching her leave. Cora smiled back at him as ollie pulled the door closed.

'Cora. Fucking. Shelby?" Alfie demanded. Ollie nodded slowly backing out of the office. 'WHAT THE FUCK?"

++

"Polly?' Tommy questioned when they got back, she was waiting for him.

'its about Michael.' Polly told him.

'what about him? Is he alright?' tom questioned.

'every things fine ive just been looking into things, Cora sent over a few things and it turns out orphanages generally don't have a lot of money which means-'

'michael must have been placed nearby.' tommy finished a smile on his face.

'so I managed to find all the orphanages in a 50 mile radius.'

'you did all that in two days without my help?'

'you always think so low of me?' pol retorted.

'not at all pol, I'm very impressed. This is impressive. Dedication.' Tommy told her.

"Cora helped a lot.' Pol informed him. Tommy nodded, of course Cora was on top of things, worked faster than him. 'She sent over 30 of the orphanages in the area, I found the rest.'

'Have you started looking already?' Tommy questioned

'not yet I wanted to wait for you to get back.' Polly told him looking over his desk to notice a telegram.

'whats this?' tommy questioned.

'a telegram Tom, came for you this morning. I was gonna send it through the fire. Look at what you've done now. Started a war with Sabini!' pol spat. 'oh and what were you thinking throwing away your brothers medicine!' tommy groaned, Arthur did fine without it in london.

'Pol it was a mixture of opium and bromide it was useless the same stuff they forced down our throats in the trenches.' Tommy explained.

'whatever tom, I've got places to be.' And with that pol was gone.

'alright, what's sabini saying?' tommy looked over the telegram. 'not sabini.' tommy opened it confused. 'Mr. Alfie Solomons wants to 'break bread'.'