Bai's Story Pt. 1

I ended up thinking about this too much and decided to get it done.  Hope you all enjoy.  Posted August 17, 2022.

Before the City Fell

"Bai Qingqing must be a demon. Wherever she goes, she brings calamity with her!" The ape king shouted after exposing Bai Qingqing's past. The curiosity and worry of the beasts present turned to open hostility.

Noticing the immediate change, Parker and Curtis were already in action. Bai tried to defend herself, but no one was willing to listen to her words. All of the closest beasts lunged towards Bai Qingqing in order to eliminate the threat.

Curtis crushed all beasts in his immediate surrounds in an attempt to get to Snow. He was intercepted by the tiger king and his followers. Hissing a curse, Curtis took a battle stance.

Noticing Curtis's inability to reach them, Parker tore into another beast's throat. He was too occupied to crush the males that had reached Qingqing. 'No!' He roared pushing his strength to make in time.

Parker failed, but Shuu succeeded. Shuu managed to narrowly save Qingqing's life. Squawking from above caught Qingqing's attention as Shuu crushed the skull of a leopard. She looked up terrified. They were surrounded and there was nowhere she could run even if she wanted to.

Muir fought off the eagles above. He was greatly outnumbered, but their focus was primarily on Qingqing, giving him several openings. He felled one three-striped eagles and several weaker ones. He needed to get to Qingqing and fly them out of here!

Harvey picked Qingqing up suddenly and handed her off to Muir. It was dangerous, but her chances were still better with him than without. Before he could pass her, a tiger lunged at them. Harvey dodged pulling Qingqing with him. He worried for the cubs in her belly, but her life was his priority. If she died, the cubs would too.

Injuring another three-striped eagle, Muir broke away and reached for Qingqing. Harvey was too distracted to pass her along, so Muir grabbed both of them and flew away. He was already feeling somewhat tired from clashing with eagles at his own power level, but he pushed through. His adrenaline making up for any lack of energy.

Muir was grateful, even with the danger surrounding them. If such chaos did not occur, he wouldn't have had this chance to get close to Qingqing. His pleasant thought was ruined when he noticed that one of the three-striped eagles caught up to them. After performing several areal maneuvers, Muir escaped him.

Unfortunately for them, several other eagles used the opportunity to fly ahead and pressure Muir. Harvey held Qingqing close to him, keeping a tight grip on her. Muir's claws dug into him, but he paid it little mind. Feeling a sudden drop, Harvey braced himself for landing.

Muir controlled his fall the best he could, having them land in water. Muir lost consciousness on impact. Harvey dragged both Muir and Qingqing into a hidden cave until the former regained consciousness.

Muir was loathe to lose the time with Qingqing, even if it put her at greater risk. Even so, he couldn't chance her life. "Go to the sea cliffs. It'll be safer there." Muir said right before shifting. He led the eagles away until they realized he did not have Qingqing. When they turned around, Muir attacked them. After eliminating several, he rushed off towards his beloved female's direction.

Harvey carried Qingqing as carefully as he could. The jarring motions would surely risk the unborn cubs, but their options were limited. After an hour, Muir caught up to them and picked them up once more.