Bai's Story Pt. 3

Hello everybody.  A quick bit of info.  I had reverted to calling eagles, hawks by mistake.  For Jenny's story, Muir and the rest are eagles, not hawks.  I have gone back and corrected the mistakes.  I'm sorry for the confusion.  Enjoy.  

Posted August  18, 2022.

 Bai and her entourage spent the next few days recuperating from their travels. Parker had bought a den that was little too small for them, but it all that was available. Bai didn't move around much and spent most of the time asleep.

The males all knew how tired she was and let her. Curtis, Parker, and Muir met with Jenny's family and the other king in this village. Parker's father and mother used to reside here, but went off to form their own village about four days travel from here.

Parker was glad that his parents were safe, but didn't voice that. He was distracted by the identity of the other king. The wolf king had recently joined this village and was apart of their discussion. Parker and Curtis weren't thrilled with that as they did not trust him. Jenny shut them down, "How many enemies do you want right now?" It was clear that she was still angry at them for coming here.

The wolf king did not blame them for that kind of reaction. He was, after all, the ape king's most loyal backer. He used to be anyway. Before the city fell, he was sent away on a quest for more crystals. Had he been there, he wouldn't have helped them. He would have been like the rest of the beasts, following the ape king's words.

The wolf king glanced at Bai's group coldly. Although he felt guilty, he wanted little to do with Bai Qingqing. He had inquired about Shuu's fate and learned that he died without being accepted. Bart also died when he took advantage of the chaos to attack Bai Qingqing's males. In a way, both his best sons died because of her and it made him feel apathetic towards the female.

One five striped beast and three four striped ones came together to topple a strong enemy. The three-striped beasts were only meant to assist. Namely, Muir since he could fly.

Muir went out to harass the giant scorpion often and keep him occupied. The others prepared for the confrontation. During that time, Bai went into labor. Jenny assisted a distraught Harvey and did what she could.

It was ironic that Jenny held the title of doctor when it was one of the last things she ever wanted to be. Even so, Jenny liked being helpful. She was training two other males to do what she did to lessen her load. There was never enough doctors.

The baby came out too silent and didn't take a breath immediately. Jenny held her own breath until she heard a tiny gasp. Relieved, she cleaned up the child while Harvey tended to Bai. The baby girl started crying, her light skin flushed red. Harvey sobbed in relief making Jenny panic for a moment. That was the first time she'd seen him cry.

Jenny helped clean up the mess after she passed the baby along. Bai's labor was a long and difficult one. Bai didn't have the strength to push as much as she needed to. Thankfully, the baby appeared healthy. Jenny and Harvey would have to monitor both of them in the meantime.

Bai held her daughter to her breast as Jenny walked out. Her daughter was healthy and Bai sighed in relief. Exhausted from her labor, Bai started to drift off. Harvey held his daughter up as Bai succumbed to sleep. His gentle expression was full of love for them.

Outside of the hut, Winston let Jenny lean into him. He wrapped his arm around her securely as they sat in silence, enjoying the company of each other. Winston knew that Jenny was stressed. It was the first time in this last year that he had seen her unhappy. He wanted to take all the things that made her frown and make them disappear. He knew it wasn't that simple though.