Chapter 31 - A good night's sleep

Kazuha's POV

 So loud.

 The storm. Again.

 It's been a long time since I woke up from the noise.

 I sat up and looked around.

 Huh?

 Where am I?

 An unfamiliar room in an unknown place. The excess lightning was confusing the atmosphere as well, keeping me from figuring out where I was.

 I tried thinking about what I was doing before when I remembered.

 I was shot. Just above my heart as well.

 Remembering this came as a shock, seeing as I was perfectly fine leaning on my left hand right now.

 I reached to remove my clothes to try and take a look.

 My clothes changed as well, I noticed. Someone helped me bathe too.

 A clean set of clothes and the smell of soap that obviously wasn't mine.

 Let's not think about that now.

 I pulled the kimono off my shoulder and reached back for the wound.

 Only a scar remains.

 The only person I know of that could do this would be miss Kokomi.

 This should be the shrine then.

 On that note...

 "What are you doing here, your Excellency?"

 "Keeping watch."

 "Keeping watch?"

 "There are two extremely guarded people passed out cold in this room. I thought it would be better if someone kept an eye out. I have nothing better to do anyway."

 Right, about that...

 Why is the Raiden Shogun hanging around with us anyway?

 And it's pretty obvious that other people can't see her.

 But...

 Two people?

 Only then did I notice Kuni passed out against the bedside.

 Did he get hurt too? What happened?

 "He's just exhausted. Who told him to teleport around like that? Of course he would pass out." She seemed to have read my mind.

 "Teleport?"

 "I thought him how to teleport long distances when we needed to get you to a healer. I didn't expect he would go back and forth another time."

 "Why would he go back?"

 "He said he would check out the scene, but I suspect he went back for those." She pointed towards the corner of the room.

 There lay a bag filled with sakura blooms along with my sword and a change of clothes.

 I blinked a few times.

 He went back for that?

 Is he stupid?

 I couldn't help but poke at his cheek.

 Stupid harbinger.

 And then I froze.

 What the hell is a harbinger?

 Pain shot through my head, but it was gone as fast as it came.

 It's probably because...

 There were gaps upon gaps in my memory. I couldn't remember most of my life.

 Whatever a harbinger is, it's probably part of it.

 Well, never mind that now.

 I got off the bed and bent down to pick Kuni up. He frowned a little when I did, but nothing more than that.

 He's really out cold, huh?

 I place him on the inside of the bed, before lying down as well.

 "There is another bed you know." I heard her say.

 "I'm tired."

 The storm is too loud. I wouldn't be able to sleep without him here.

Makoto's POV

 Well, isn't this interesting?

 Putting aside the fact that Kazuha decided to sleep next to the kid...

 After he lay down, it didn't take as long as a minute before Kazuha buried his head in his chest, a content smile on his face.

 It was even weirder that the kid subconsciously wrapped his hands around him.

 I would love to take a picture of this one.

 I wonder what will happen in the morning.

 And things happened, that's for sure.

 Kazuha woke up first.

 He got out of bed as quietly as he could. He changed into the clothes the kid brought yesterday, putting his sword back into its hiding place, before walking towards the door. He looked back one last time as he went out, silently closing the door behind himself.

 The moment the door closed, the kid's eyes snapped open.

 Obviously, he had been awake since the moment Kazuha started waking up. That guy was too alert to miss that now that he's well-rested.

 He sat up, looked down at his hands, towards the door, and back at his hands before his face went completely red.

 "Fuck." He cures, burying his face in his hands.

 I could feel the electro-energy crackle in the room along with his emotions.

 Oh, dear!

 He's quite strong.

 After he came back, he examined that bullet for a while, and since he kind of passed out halfway, he still had it on him

 To think he's emotions would make such a mess even with the suppression.

 He's stronger than I thought.

 By the time I reached this conclusion, I felt the world around me shift.

 Kazuha probably got a little too far. What a pity. I would have loved to watch a little longer.