Chapter 6 - Summer, autumn, and winter

Scaramouche's POV

 I am... where exactly?

 "He looks confused."

 "It would be weirder if he knew what you were talking about." 

 The first two who had arrived continued to talk as if there was no one else there, while the third one was lost in thought. This finally gave me a chance to get a better look at them.

 The first one who had arrived looked the youngest, around the same as a 15-16 year old human. He had short, wine-colored hair, a pair of crimson eyes, and he was wearing a scarlet kimono.

 The second one looked a little older, around 20 years old. She had long white hair and silver eyes. She was wearing a white dress with silver accents as well, making her resemble someone I know all too well.

 As for the third one, he looked the oldest, in his mid-twenties. He had long golden hair which reached to his waist, and eyes that resembled fire. He wore a hanfu, the color matching that of his hair.

 "How troublesome." The third one finally spoke, instantly gaining the attention of the other two.

 "Is it really that bad? It's a pretty easy problem to solve if you ask me."

 "Yeah! We could just wipe his memory and be done with it."

 Wipe my memory?!

 "That would have indeed been the right course of action if it wasn't for this."

 As he spoke the wind gathered at his fingertips and soon a familiar object appeared in his hand.

 "The electro gnosis?"

 "Just an illusion. I can't seem to access the real one."

 "Not even you?!" Both the first and the second looked shocked at the third.

 So if I'm understanding this correctly, they wanted to wipe my memory of what happened, but they can't because of something that has to do with the gnosis.

 That said, aren't they acting very casual about a gnosis. He's looking at it like he's holding a rock.

 Who are these guys anyway? I feel like if I make a move, I would die in an instant. I have my suspicions but...

 "Let's put the matter of accessing the gnosis aside for now. First and foremost... Come here and sit down kid."

 Kid...

 I had a problem with him calling me kid, but the other two seemed to have a problem with something else.

 "You're inviting him to sit down?! Elder brother, that's a bit too much!"

 "Big sis is right! Big brother, that's too much!"

 What's with those two?

 "That chair hasn't been used in thousands of years. Letting him sit on it for a few minutes isn't going to destroy it."

 "But-"

 "No but."

 At this point, should I even sit down?

 "Come over and sit down, kid. They're not gonna eat you." The third one grinned.

 You seem like the scariest out of the three of you to me.

 Still, I walked over and set down. Now I was being faced with a pressure I had never faced before.

 "So, why can he see us?"

 "We never had this before. Not even with little leaf."

 "And he has no connection to the wind whatsoever."

 Did you call me over to talk amongst yourself?

 "This thing might be the reason for it." The third twirled the illusion of the gnosis between his fingers.

 "Celestia's little toy?"

 Celestia's little toy...

 "Oh, I know, I know! That thing has some connection to him and when little leaf threw it into the wind, it made a connection between him and the wind as well."

 "Hmm. That's what I was thinking of as well, but it's not quite right."

 "How so?"

 "I checked it with Raiden Ei. I stood right in front of her but she couldn't see me at all."

 "Maybe it's only the puppets-

 "It was the same for the Shogun puppet as well." The third denied the first's idea.

 While those two were guessing, the second one was staring at me in silence. Her gaze was so intense that after a while, I couldn't bear it anymore.

 "Is there something?"

 "I'm just thinking... You spent a long time in Snezhnaya, did you not?"

 This question drew the attention of the other two as well.

 "Sneznaya? Big sis, what has that got to do with this?"

 "Could it be?" The third one seemed to have thought of something.

 "Anemo gnosis." She spat out.

 The anemo gnosis?

 "That would indeed have some impact... Kid, how much did you spend in the vicinity of the anemo gnosis?"

 There he goes with the 'kid' again.

 "From the moment it arrived in Snezhnaya till the moment I left for Inazuma. I would say a month or so."

 "A month... Would that make a difference?"

 "If it's the anemo gnosis... Maybe? I have no idea. That thing had always been weirder than the rest." The first one shrugged his shoulders and the second nodded in agreement.

 "Sigh! If it really was because of the gnosis, then he should stop seeing us at some point, so let's leave it at that and go on to the next point. Kid-"

 "I'm over 500 years old. I'm not a kid." There was a limit to how long I can take it.

 Those three, however, just looked at me with funny expressions.

 "Even that guy, Morax, counts as a kid to us and he's over 6000. So just deal with it, KID."

 Even Morax?

 "Dear me. Let's just calm down and go at this from a different angle. How about we start by introducing ourselves? Maybe he'll understand then." The third offered.

 "Ah! You're right, we still haven't done that, have we?"

 "Well, it's not like we need to do this often. I'll start then. I'm the spirit of the autumn winds. You can call me Sero."

 "My name is Nivi and I rule over the winter winds." The second one introduced herself.

 "And I am Sol. I represent the winds that blow in the summer." The third spoke as well.

 "You- That-" These guys are-

 "We're three of the four greater wind spirits. Nice to meet you."

 These three are greater spirits!?