chapter 10 : Naruto Uzumaki

[AUTHOR'S POV]

' Aren't Anbu supposed to guard him? '  Aiko thought then she tried to sense them while walking Naruto to the bench away from the civilians.

she was able to sense their faint chakra and with that her anger doubled .

' they watched all that and they didn't attempt to stop it ' she thought, bitting her lower lip in frustration.

She noticed the boy looking down, his eyes almost losing their light.

She sighed before forming one of her brightest smiles on her face, cuffing the boy's cheeks to make him look at her which surprised him greatly.

" Are you hurt anywhere  ?" Aiko asked , while checking  him up for any injuries ,Naruto shook his head shyly.

But then she noticed the bruises on his knee and with a sigh she bent down, wiping the blood off gently with a clean cloth she always carried with her, he flinched slightly at the sting.

"I'm sorry, I don't have anything else with me to help.." she sighed once again, looking at him to meet his eyes.

He was tearing up.

Was he crying because of the pain? Or was it because they treated him like he was some monster, when all he wanted was to live like any other innocent child his age? 

Was this god's punishment for being greedy for love and affection?

Is it a sin wishing he had a loving family like these kids? 

No.

He was already getting used to that cold and harsh treatment.

He was crying because… it was the first time in his life that someone defended him.

Someone was worried about him.

Was it really okay for him to receive this? 

When his eyes locked with her's, all he could see was  genuine worry, instead of these glares and sinister laughs.

She was worried about him.

But why..? 

Doesn't she…loathe him like the others? 

"why.." he whispered, soft enough for her to hear.

"hm? What do you mean why?"

"Why did you.. help me? don't you also despise me? Don't you also think I don't deserve to live? Aren't I.. a monster?!-" 

He was cut off by Aiko wrapping her arms around him, enveloping him in a tight hug.

"Don't you ever think of yourself like that!" 

She shout, gently patting his back.

He was taken aback by her sudden action.

But soon enough he relaxed in her arms, letting out more tears as he sniffled against her chest.

" It's not your fault. You don't deserve to be treated this badly. Instead, you should be treated how a small innocent child like you deserves." 

She ruffled his hair as she resumed talking.

"Sometimes people can be really stupid , you are no monster remember that." 

He looked up at her, his tears finally stopped and light came back to his eyes.

It was the light of hope.

"By the way I'm Aiko Kawahira!" 

She said while flashing him a smile.

"I'm.. Naruto Uzumaki.." he whispered.