chapter 6: book nerd

[Time skip: one year]

[AIKO'S POV]

I am now one year and six months old.

I haven't done anything eye catching…which wasn't a good idea.

I still didn't even say my first words. I can talk but I just thought it was too early so I pretended I couldn't , which was a very bad decision.

My parents started getting worried about me, especially when they asked Yoshino about when Shikamaru spoke for the first time she said when he was 12 months old (one year).

I know they'll love me nevertheless but still, I feel bad..so today, I have decided to surprise them.

My parents were in the kitchen. My father was cooking dinner, he was really skilled. My mother was trying to help him but… she only ended up burning the food, accidentally using sugar instead of salt and a lot more, basically she made a mess. 

Luckily my father knew she'd do that _even though he told her not to help but she insisted_ and he already made preparations for another meal.

Whilst they were busy with the cooking, I wobbled _I still can't run perfectly, it's better to go slowly. Better safe than sorry_ into the kitchen and I sat at the entrance.

I took a deep breath…

"mama, papa!" I said, showing the best smile I could ever make.

They both turned around towards me, I could see the surprise in their eyes. Soon enough their look turned into an extremely happy and relieved one.

They hurried towards me and father lifted me up then threw me into the air and caught me again.

 He was so happy and so was mom, she even cried from happiness.

"her first words.she said her first words!" My father exclaimed, happily.

"yes dear..she finally did.." 

she replied with a whisper, resting her head on his shoulder looking at me as I was in father's arms.

Father kissed mom's forehead then kissed mine, hugging me.

We stayed like that for a while, it's not like I mind but… they completely forgot about the food on fire..

It ended up getting burned.

[FOUR YEARS LATER]

It's been four years since I reincarnated in the Naruto world.

I am now four years old. I've been training on my chakra control and sensory skills. Now I can sense chakra from about 500 metres away from me .

Nothing really important happened throughout those years , other than  being the playmate of Shikamaru I didn't leave the house that much .

I spent most of my time reading the books and scrolls of father and mother,  secretly of course. As I said before, I don't want to be labelled as a prodigy.  Not that i'm worried about the reaction of my parents, I know that they love me, they want me to choose and pursue my own path in the future , if they find  out that I've advanced more than any normal kid my age they probably won't hesitate to put me on the ninja course which i really want to avoid .

I read through the history of konoha and the elemental countries , as well as some scrolls about chakra and iryo  ninjutsu i read the basics about it and I have memorised  the theories. it  really requires an advanced control of chakra which i’m still working on. I’m not practising it yet because i don’t have the materials and all.