08|The surprise

Rishi, Mamatha and Abhi were deeply engrossed in a discussion and Abhi leaned back on the car door

Rishi, Mamatha and Abhi were deeply engrossed in a discussion and Abhi leaned back on the car door. He stood erect seeing Sangeetha approaching them.

He opened the car door for her like a gentleman which gained a hoot from Mamatha. Later he bid bye to both of his friends and sat in the car.

Mamatha moved towards Sangeetha and said, "There's a surprise waiting for you in your new home Sangeetha. Your marriage was so sudden, that I didn't have much time to plan the surprise. Just incase if you don't love it, I've many more surprises for you in the future and next time I'll go according to your wishes"

Listening to Mamatha's warm words, Sangeetha was overwhelmed. 'If I've a sister, maybe she would have said and done the same,' she thought to herself.

"Whatever it might be, I'll love it." Sangeetha assured her, in a sweet polite voice which stunned Abhi for he never came across the polite Sangeetha.

"I can see people already switching sides. One warned me to take care of my wife and the other one planned surprises for her. Here I am alone and with no one by my side." Abhi said, trying to gain pity from his friends but failed miserably making the three of them laugh together.

"You're not alone anymore Abhi, you've your wife beside you for now and forever" Mamatha's statement made both Abhi and Sangeetha face each other and nod in awkwardness.

"It's getting late guys, we'll get going, will meet ya' tomorrow" Abhi declared his leave, interrupting the awkwardness.

"Yeah, yeah, can't keep your hands away from your wife, we get it." Mamatha said sarcastically, successfully making Abhi and Sangeetha die in embarrassment and dragged Rishi along with her to their car.

"They think that we are a normal couple, that is why she talked like that. Don't misunderstand her, she is trying to make you feel like you are a family to her" Abhi tried to explain Sangeetha, to reduce the tension in the air between them.

Sangeetha clapped her hands and replied, "Great acting. Now that your friends are gone, you don't have to explain to me. According to our conditions, we don't have to be involved in each other's lives. And I'd like to maintain it that way."

'Calculative bitch' Abhi murmured under his breath and ignited the engine. Even though Sangeetha heard what he murmured, she didn't fight with him as she was completely drained emotionally and physically.

The entire drive to Abhi's house was silent but their minds were in conflict regarding their marriage, somehow doubts arose whether their plan would work or not.

As they say, Silence speaks volumes, the silence between Sangeetha and Abhijith throughout the driveway spoke on behalf of their egos.

Sangeetha removed the hair tie letting her pony loose to relieve the headache that was bothering her since the marriage event. Her head was constantly buzzing with thoughts that are somehow terrifying her.