03|Wedding proposal

Abhijith was relieved with the news Rishi and Mamatha brought for him

Abhijith was relieved with the news Rishi and Mamatha brought for him. He thanked his black tie for the disaster it brought, without failing.

Noticing Abhi smiling within himself, Rishi was enraged and yelled at him, "Do you think it is good news Abhi? Do you know how hard we are trying for your marriage?"

"Rishi, marriages are meant for companionship. And I have you both for that reason. Who else do I need to take care of me? You both are enough for me." Abhi explained his perspective, continuing further he said, "Women out there are gold diggers. You are a lucky idiot to find someone like mamatha who is out of the crowd. But I cannot blindly trust a random woman and stay married to her for the rest of my life."

"Just because this alliance failed, doesn't mean we let you live as a bachelor. We'll find another potential match for you. I want the luck to be bestowed upon my friend too" Rishi said with determination and Mamatha nodded her head in agreement.

"I gave my word to your father that I will look after you as an elder brother and I'll stand upon it no matter what." Rishi added further.

"Okay biggie, as you say." Abhi said sarcastically, making both of them laugh.

When they were moving out of the register office building, Rishi stopped in the midtrack and turned to his left trying to get a clear vision of something. Abhi was praying in his heart that Rishi shouldn't find Sangeetha.

But he realized his prayers failed when Rishi asked him, "Is that Dr. Sangeetha standing over there?"

Rishi knew Sangeetha by a fateful encounter in the City multi specialty hospital. Three months ago, When Abhi and Rishi were admitted to a hospital after a riot with goons, Sangeetha was the doctor who attended them.

Though it was the first meeting for Rishi, it was the second time Abhi met her. The first time was when they had hate-at-first-sight in a restaurant. One of the reasons why Sangeetha left Rishi and Abhijith to die during his second encounter in the hospital.

Unlike Abhi, Rishi hadn't held any grudge for her cruel act. In fact he always supported her saying 'her situations might've demanded her to leave us untreated'. And that was the part of Rishi that irked Abhi most, the art of forgiving people.

According to Abhi, forgiveness is for people who don't love and value themselves. Because people who love themselves more, will never be able to forget the pain and sorrow caused by someone, hence no forgiveness.

Even before Abhi stopped Rishi, Rishi started moving towards Sangeetha. Having no option left, he followed him along with Mamatha.

"Hello Dr. Sangeetha, hope you remember me." Rishi said, forwarding his hand for a handshake, which was reciprocated back by her with hesitation and he passed a smile to Krishna as a greeting, who was standing beside Sangeetha.