Ch. 20 - The Snap

The Wakandans did give him two very nice vibranium shields. They definitely weren't his shield, but they'd work.

Shuri was setting up all of the equipment necessary as she talked with y/n about the properties of the stone and how they were going to extract it.

Right before he left the lab to march onto the field, he couldn't help himself from coming over to her and pulling her into his arms. Her hands flattened on his back and pulled him closer.

"I love you, Daffodil."

"I love you too, Steve. Please be safe."

He'd left her to fight countless times, but none felt as difficult or as impending as this.

"I will."

He pressed his lips against hers and kissed her deeply, not wanting to let go so quickly but knowing he had to.

T'Challa's army escorted them all down to a huge field near the border. This way, the fight would be away from the city and any remaining civilians.

Those aliens that they'd fought in Edinburg were right outside, seemingly waiting for them. He, T'Challa, and Natasha went down there to negotiate a truce if they were able.

It was clear that they were there for the stone and that they would go to any lengths to get it, so they retreated and watched as the alien army started attacking the border to get to them.

Dread filled him when T'Challa opened the barrier, but as a leader he took it upon himself to sprint past everyone to fight first. T'Challa did the same, so they fought beside each other whilst y/n and Shuri hurried to get the stone out of Vision's head.

As soon as he killed one, another attacked him. It was never-ending. When he was pinned by several of the awful creatures, and it seemed like all hope was lost, Thor showed up in his bright Bifrost with a new weapon in the shape of an ax. Along with a talking raccoon and tree. Steve smiled.

Bruce laughed out loud and yelled, "You guys are so screwed now!"

"Bring me Thanos!"

Thor then killed hundreds of them in the most impressive lightning strike he'd ever seen his friend conjure.

He was panting and covered in dirt, but he stilled had to ask: "New haircut?"

"Noticed you've copied my beard." Steve nodded tiredly. "Oh, by the way, this is a new friend of mine, Tree."

He looked to where that weird-looking tree was impaling three alien creatures with its elongated arm.

The tree introduced himself, "I am Groot!"

He placed his hand on his chest. "I am Steve Rogers."

Large machines tore through the ground, killing both sides. Wanda was forced to come down and help get rid of them.

Sam's voice came through the comms, "Guys, we got a Vision situation here!"

"Somebody get to Vision!" Steve instructed, still getting heavily attacked.

Bruce got there, but he said that Vision needed more backup. So he fought off what aliens he could and ran over to the forest, where Vision was.

The alien that they thought had died was stabbing Vision in the stomach. He tackled it to the ground, rolling to get it as far away from Vision as possible.

"Get out of here!" he shouted as he began to fight again. "Go!"

He got the alien's weapon out of its grasp, but was unexpectedly grabbed by the neck and thrown onto the uneven ground. The alien then choked him, but let go when Vision stabbed it through the chest. Vision was glitching and lighting up oddly, and as soon as the alien was dead he fell to the ground beside Steve.