03|Wedding proposal

Start from the beginning

"Why won't she? After leaving us to die, she might be wondering how we are breathing." Abhi said, sounding as sarcastic as possible. It earned him a light punch from Rishi, whereas Mamatha stood clueless listening to the conversation.

"Don't mind him. What brought you here?" Rishi asked her.

"Something that left me in the middle." Sangeetha replied, her voice damp and heavy.

"Who left whom in the middle? Is that your groom or you?" Abhi passed another snide remark knowing her story.

"My condolences for your shattered marriage. Don't take his words seriously. He is upset as his bride stood him up too" Rishi revealed the truth, which earned a satisfactory smirk on Sangeetha's face and scowl on Abhi's face.

"I know I shouldn't be asking this, especially since the timing is totally wrong. If you are looking forward to another alliance, our Abhi might be a potential match for you. Keeping our past encounters in check, it might sound so lame, but things will not always remain the same. Hope you'll think about this proposal. Here is my contact card. I'll wait to hear from you soon." Rishi said rhetorically, shocking both Abhijith and Sangeetha.

"Here, This is Sangeetha's contact card. We'll think about it and reach you for sure" Krishna invaded in between, passing a card instead of Sangeetha.

Rishi passed a smile towards them in the end, and turned back leaving the register office building, with Abhi and Mamatha following him still in shock.

"Aunty, you know nothing of him. The guy Abhi is the biggest jerk I've ever encountered in my life. Why would I think about marrying him? You shouldn't have given my card to Rishi." Sangeetha complained.

"Sangeetha, do you know who Abhijith is? He is the lawyer you are trying to contact, the one who can deal and solve your hospital shares case." her aunt revealed, leaving Sangeetha in another shock.

"But on top of that, I knew one of his dearest secrets, the secret he is trying to hide from the world. He might not know me, but I knew his mysterious past that no one knows. I'll brief you with the details later. But trust me like always you have and say yes for this marriage with him. You can get your shares after this marriage and in any case, If you find him troublesome, we can use his little secret as a pawn" She explained further weighing the pros and cons to Sangeetha.

"You are in a tight spot with less time left. And do you know how hard it is to find a man with no expectations in marriage? Hence a man, whose wings can be tied in your hands for his secrets, is the best case for you now." Sangeetha stood frozen to her spot listening to whatever her aunt was suggesting to her.

She had a lot of questions for her aunt. But the important one was, how did her aunt, the person who never meddled into others personal lives, know a crucial part of Abhijith's past.

Sangeetha knew her aunt from her childhood. She was trained as a nurse under her grandmother. Later when Sangeetha's mother was paralyzed, she became personal caretaker of her mother, Radha. And she started working as a head nurse in the hospital under Sangeetha, where she almost became a second mother to her.

At that point, Marrying Abhijith was a huge dilemma for Sangeetha. She met him for the first time six months ago in a café and for her it was hate-at-first-sight with him.

Sangeetha knew she could trust her Krishna aunt blindly but she was suggesting her to marry a jerk. However her reasons were valid too. That made her fall into a state of uncertainty, whether to accept or deny the proposal.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

At Abhi's home, he was fuming in anger at Rishi. He couldn't understand why Rishi was trying to tie him to a cruel woman, who left them to die.